Hudson River Boaters (South)

Notices

Hudson River Boaters (South)

Old 04-02-2002, 03:54 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shane I thought I was your best friend LOL

Any way You know that you can count on seeing me on the river as much as I can. The first destination this year and same as always is Gullies. The Scarab is going down to Jersey this weekend to get the motor installed, so I hope to hit the river by June. You cant miss me Its one of the only Scarabs out in that area. and it will be LOUD !!!!!! I will be launching out of Peekskill so the Bear Mt bridge would be a good place for us to group together. I use to launch at Cold Spring but the boat is just to big for the close quarters they have there. Maybe over the summer we could have a OSO get together at sandy beach just south of the castle. Good place for a BBQ. I would also like to take a trip up to Kingston. Its a beautiful ride.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:04 PM
Registered

Hotboat,
Kingston is deffinatly one of the fun runs I was going to suggest. It is a real nice run. I have never beached in the area you are talking about but do see boats there all the time. We head over to Croton to raft up.
When does Gullies open? Im most likely looking at the second weekend in June before Im in on the Hudson, before that will be Barnegat Bay.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:05 PM
Mother

I had kept my boat in Marlboro, but will be trailering it. Probably use a launch in the Highland/Poughkeepsie area (depending on where Im going, who with, etc.). Usually tool around between west point and the Kingston/Rheincliff bridge.

Course the boat isn't working at the moment, so it all depends on $$$ right now.

--Adam

Old 04-02-2002, 04:20 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Mother What kind of boat do you have?????

Here is a photo of mine. If any one else has photos please post it so we can spot each other on the river.
Attached Thumbnails Hudson River Boaters (South)-scarab-after.jpg  
Old 04-02-2002, 04:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally posted by Shane
Also tell this guy Doug with a yellow 22 that you know me as well. He and I are great friends as well. He will for certain have the second FASTEST Donzi there.
Second fastest? Who has the fastest? And what has Dougie done this winter to make it faster?
Old 04-02-2002, 05:26 PM
VIP Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by Hot Boat
Mother What kind of boat do you have?????

Here is a photo of mine. If any one else has photos please post it so we can spot each other on the river.
Damn all I have to say is that graphics really came out great on that what year/length?
Id come down but the hudson is a 3 hour tow,
I was just up by Bear mt somewhere near Croton but that was work related. I do like the scenery!
Attached Thumbnails Hudson River Boaters (South)-larson-small.jpg  
Old 04-02-2002, 05:31 PM
Registered

Originally posted by laster

Second fastest? Who has the fastest? And what has Dougie done this winter to make it faster?
Jim DeNooyer bought one last year. A limited addition with a 500HP and put a Whipple on it and is running OVER 90MPH!!!!! I will watch thank you very much...or just go by him in my Skater till he runs home and gets his and blows by me at 170!BTW, Doug is in the water already!
Old 04-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Hey Chris 232...Where do you put in at Candlewood? I boat in the Sound, but this year I'm trailering the boat and might check out Candlewood. I'm only 15 minutes from it. A friend of mine tells me that some of the ramps are quite shallow and with my low water pick-ups, it wouldn't be too good Do you know a deeper water ramp for a 28' boat? Thanks...Steve
Old 04-02-2002, 05:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I suppose that Denooyer's boat is the one on the performance Marine website? I gotta get my whipple installed. Jim will be pissed if I can take him. Course I can't touch his Skater.
Old 04-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Registered

Here we go
Attached Thumbnails Hudson River Boaters (South)-boat5.jpg  

Quick Reply: Hudson River Boaters (South)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.