Notices

pulled over!

Old 08-23-2009, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pulled over!

I went for a run last night. I was pulled over by the cops twice in five minutes. This same crap happened last week....saftey check.....yea right! This is the first performance boat I have had, my 17ft bow rider.... never was pulled over in five years. THIS IS Detroit River cops need to find something better to do!

I am alone on this? WTF?

Last edited by misskristy; 08-23-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is BS. They are supposed to give you a sticker that you can place on the vessel once you have been pulled over for a safety check, that way they dont get you again for it. They got nothing better to do with their time.

Just an FYI, if you didnt already know. If you run on the US side of Bell Isle, from the Bell Isle Bridge, until the river opens into St. Clair, it is no wake. But you can go full bore on the Canadian side... As long as you don't anchor in CA waters, you can run in them all day long.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Registered

get used to it, ive been pulled over 14-15 times this year between lake erie and lake st clair, there are 5 wayne county boats at elizabeth park, they have more on trailers, some are un marked. plus coast has got me, and border patrol, its all part of the times, they have huge funding from the govt and have to justify being out there. i have never been cited for anything, just stopped all the time for saftey inspections, coast guard no longer issues stickers, you keep the ticket looking thing and just show it to them when they pull next to you, then they let you go.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Coast guard may not issue stickers, but sheriff does. I received one in may this year when I got a safety on the water.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:42 PM
Registered

Get used to it I'm afraid......pure jealousy........plain and simple. And the fact that the majority of them are 5'4" and were the biggest losers in High School.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Registered

I has at lake erie metorpark and Had a DNR officer give me crap about my numbers and the boat was on the trailer it was a saturday what a waste of money they pay those people.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

Default sticker

Oh I got the sticker! I pointed it out and still had to show life jackets last night. The thing that pissed me off was the 20 questions of where I was, where I'm going and how long was I going to be out.....what does it matter? Have I been drinking...NO!...and thats not good enough so they ask again..U BEEN DRINKING? Another thing they ruined my cruise, shutting down and tacking off sucks after getting all trimed out and running. Had to vent thanks!

Oh yea one cop said my front light was out as the reason for the stop. When I proved him wrong he got nasty...dicks!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by showtime83
get used to it, ive been pulled over 14-15 times this year between lake erie and lake st clair, there are 5 wayne county boats at elizabeth park, they have more on trailers, some are un marked. plus coast has got me, and border patrol, its all part of the times, they have huge funding from the govt and have to justify being out there. i have never been cited for anything, just stopped all the time for saftey inspections, coast guard no longer issues stickers, you keep the ticket looking thing and just show it to them when they pull next to you, then they let you go.

I have never been pulled over yet for an inspection on the Detroit River but that can change. I believe, as you have stated, they have to justify 3 or 4 of them on a boat cruising around. I have nothing against them checking me out and Homeland Security but would be pissed if it was every time I went boating.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 86 Likes on 21 Posts

Id make a complaint to whoever they answer to.......then call the Mayors office and the local Chamber of Commerce and tell him how much money you spend in the area restaraunts, Marina'a, Hotels etc while boating......then tell them if their d wadds dont back off you'll take your boat and your money elsewhere.......!!!!!

And tell all your fed up friends to do the same!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Registered

I make them chase me for a while before I stop...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.