Notices

pulled over!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pullmytrigger
Id make a complaint to whoever they answer to.......then call the Mayors office and the local Chamber of Commerce and tell him how much money you spend in the area restaraunts, Marina'a, Hotels etc while boating......then tell them if their d wadds dont back off you'll take your boat and your money elsewhere.......!!!!!

And tell all your fed up friends to do the same!

Well, a couple calls might do some good, I am not sure if a call to the Detroit Mayor's office will do any good though... lmao!!! maybe if Kwame was still in office, he might have someone shot for you....
Old 08-24-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

make them chase...I gave that some thought it went like this......Oh sorry sir I did not see you as I was busy paying attention to what was coming at me as I was traveling at a high rate of speed....perhaps you need a faster boat and louder sirens because I could not hear you either! I'm going to try it and see what happens
Old 08-24-2009, 03:21 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by misskristy
make them chase...I gave that some thought it went like this......Oh sorry sir I did not see you as I was busy paying attention to what was coming at me as I was traveling at a high rate of speed....perhaps you need a faster boat and louder sirens because I could not hear you either! I'm going to try it and see what happens
If you were boating after dark with almost no moon you can expect problems from the authorities.

A lot of the worst boating accidents are at night and there have been a number that have made big news recently.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by misskristy
Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't know you. Not trying to be sexist or anything, MissKristy, but are you a female. If so maybe the watercops are just trying to be friendly. I know a good looking female driving a nice boat would be a cause to pull someone over just to "investigate". If you are not a female please disregard.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Registered

funny stuff! Misskristy is the boats name. It was named for my wife who is Kristina...all the kids call her Miss Kristy..sounded good so I named the boat that way.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Westcoast
I make them chase me for a while before I stop...
Been there, they dont seem to think its nearly as funny as I did. Then when asked how fast my boat would run, I replyed "just a little faster than yours"....... can you say ticket time
Old 08-24-2009, 04:35 PM
(aka) Pure Adrenaline
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

I've only been stopped a couple times and it was because I am documented and they didn't understand why I didn't have #'s on my boat. I do have the Ohio sticker but thats all. Remember NO EYE CONTACT. Thats what I always tell me wife. In boat congested areas or if we see any police off a ways we go ahead and put are vests on. I think if they see that they might think twice. Don't say I couldn't hear you because then they might invest in decibel meters, that will probably be next. As far as asking me allot of questions I had a cop on the street try that @ 2am after work and I told him it was none of his dam business where I was going or what I was doing and if he was going to write me a ticket then do it without the harassment. They don't like that word. He told me I had a licence plate light out and need to get it fixes. I said I was sorry and would fix it first thing in the morning and he told me to have a good night and left. It was out and I fixed it the next day.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

We boat up and down from St Clair to Erie all summer long, never a stop ( Knock on wood ), A very good piece of advice i have received from a fellow offshore enthusiast was to always' wear at minimum was the inflatable style life vests and have all your paperwork in order when they run your numbers as well as be pleasant to them as you are underway. The theory is if they see you are at a minimum wearing inflatable PFD's you are a safe boater and will have your things in order thus wasting there time on an inspection, keep in mind that driving habits in the channel should be on the top of your mind and once in the big lakes I.E. Erie or St. Clair you are good to go. Keep your passengers aware to not hold up there cocktails as you are racing up and down the channel and just use common sense and you should be trouble free. JMHO
Old 08-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Been there, they dont seem to think its nearly as funny as I did. Then when asked how fast my boat would run, I replyed "just a little faster than yours"....... can you say ticket time
I know that isn't the "ideal way" to handle things, but damn is that funny....

What did he write you a ticket for anyways?
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer
I know that isn't the "ideal way" to handle things, but damn is that funny....

What did he write you a ticket for anyways?
Your not going to believe it but, failure to have life jackets readily accessible, no throw flotation device and a burnt out rear light. The jackets were in the head and no sh*t, the door handle pulled off as i went to get them. How about that for luck. Dang old fountain I had. Next time i was at the marina, he was off duty and i bought him a beer. No issues after that