Like Tree0Likes

Who's running a #6 in a single engine application

Reply
Old 09-03-2009, 11:50 PM
  #91
www.weismann.net
Gold Member
 
shifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: newport beach,ca
Posts: 1,249
Default

Here is the 26 we did 5 years ago. It has a 980 whipple 140 mph. I took one shot a mounting the drive....

After flogging a Weismann drive for about 5 years, all we can say is "WOW". It is nice to know that you can still buy QUALITY. Thanks Pat.


pat W
Attached Thumbnails
Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-26.jpg   Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-26a.jpg  
shifter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:25 AM
  #92
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Pat how much hp is that drive rated for?
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
  #93
www.weismann.net
Gold Member
 
shifter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: newport beach,ca
Posts: 1,249
Default

Good question...... lots.

pat W
shifter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:17 AM
  #94
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Good question...... lots.

pat W
Lol knowing how you build them I'll take that to mean 1500+.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 07:33 AM
  #95
Registered
 
ZXXX Donzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tennessee
My Boats: Fountain 35 w/500 EFI's, 1973 Donzi X-18 w/383 Mag,1974 Chris Craft Roamer w/1271TI's
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Here is the 26 we did 5 years ago. It has a 980 whipple 140 mph. I took one shot a mounting the drive....

After flogging a Weismann drive for about 5 years, all we can say is "WOW". It is nice to know that you can still buy QUALITY. Thanks Pat.


pat W
Nice, that beast is evil looking. I would like to hear more about it.
ZXXX Donzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:17 AM
  #96
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denham Springs La.
My Boats: 2008 26' Revolution Performance Marine
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap328 View Post
Comment:

Well my good friend Jeff should be a reporter as he misquotes the facts better than the National Enquirer laughing.

I did not give the drive back I own the drive and have a lot of confidence in the X-Power Drive.

The fact is I simply ran out of time to dial in the drive before my trip to LOTO. The time constraint forced me and/or compelled me to run the MMWorx because I already had it dialed in and know what it likes---the end result speaks for itself ran 118MPH and hit the rev. limiter at LOTO.

Now back to the X-Power drive we have figured out a lot since I left for LOTO over a week ago. The drive will work on a mod VP hull but the set-up is akin more to a V-Bottom than a true cat. Having said that I will resume testing this drive and I believe it will work successfully--- by this I mean dialed in completely.

All new products need testing example the NXT drive took two years to dial in and it still is being tweaked everyday. So let's not rush into unsupported conclusions on whether the X-Power Drive works or not as it is way to early to tell. I will let you know and we should be closing in on that X-diminsion window here rather quickly then the next issue will be prop selection.

Oh! and for the record Jeff I will state that if you put a single #6 drive on your boat you will regret it but your gonna do what you think is best. As your friend I would suggest holding on a little bit more the season is almost over and winter will be upon us no need to go rushing into anything hasty.

KAP

P.S. It is worth 35k if we get it dialed in and it saves you two Bravo gearsets a year in three years the drive will pay for itself and you can hammer it out of the hole instead of rolling the boat over and cringeing. As for the gimbal the stainless one should be about done as we speak 3.9 times stronger than HP Imco aluminum.
WOW...I guess from here on out I will tell what I know... I was not bashing the Xpower @ all I was just not going into any detail about what you were running or about the design flaws of the drive for a cat, as far as misquotes goes, I did not try to quote you I was mearly just beating around the bush about the drive because I was asked to keep the secret a secret Kap, you know that I would love for you to get the drive dialed in, and I hope you do, yes you will do alot of people a favor including Xpower.

P.S. Are you getting MMW to do your SS Gimble? I know that they sell one.

Remember, get that thing dialed in and come down to my neck of the woods I'll put you through your paces in the swamp, not all open water...I'll disapear on ya...
26 REDLINE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:33 AM
  #97
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denham Springs La.
My Boats: 2008 26' Revolution Performance Marine
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi View Post
I think that they build a cool boat and I am thrilled to see new companies like RPM come around. The boat runs 130 or so. That is a nice big number to be running in a 26' boat. It sounds like that they are pretty helpful and willing to explore possibilities in a really fast cat.

On the other hand, how big is the market for 130-150 mph single cats with #6's? Why would they want to drop serious coin to develop say a 150mph single cat so people could kill themselves and they could get sued? It is not like we see a bunch of #6 single Eliminators running around.

I could visualize my conversation with Donzi if I told them I was eating drives with my 850hp single ZX that runs 103:

Me:" Uh, hey guys, I know that I have far exceeded the power rating and speed of your hull, but I have found that the 850 is a great combo for your hull. The only problem is that it eats drives like crazy. Would you mind working out the details so I could put a #6 or an Arneson on one of your new 27ZR's"

Donzi: "You did what and it goes how fast?.....Ok....we will get back to you on that one....click"
As for you XXXDumbzy, RPM are not building 26' cats to all go 150plus, this is my boat, Steve @ RPM is a friend of mine, and I appreciate all that he helps me with, plus the boat loves speed, 130 is no differant than 90mph. Steve really did alot of RD before he put this boat on the market, unlike other boat builders that have to come out with 5 and 6 bottoms, and they still arent right.

I am sorry that you don't have that personlized service @ Donzi, and that is why I didn't do a cookie cutter boat. Oh and I don't think Eliminator ever thought about putting twin 1600hp engines in a 33' cat, but Bob sure was happy when the boat ran 174mph @ DS.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRlVpcirIQ I also don't think that Glastron ever thought about there little 16' boat doing 125 either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgHL0mErk4 but there are alot of US NUTS OUT THERE you stay in your little lake with your little v and let the CAT MEN play with there BIG numbers....
26 REDLINE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:32 AM
  #98
Registered
 
ZXXX Donzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Tennessee
My Boats: Fountain 35 w/500 EFI's, 1973 Donzi X-18 w/383 Mag,1974 Chris Craft Roamer w/1271TI's
Posts: 834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE View Post
As for you XXXDumbzy, RPM are not building 26' cats to all go 150plus, this is my boat, Steve @ RPM is a friend of mine, and I appreciate all that he helps me with, plus the boat loves speed, 130 is no differant than 90mph. Steve really did alot of RD before he put this boat on the market, unlike other boat builders that have to come out with 5 and 6 bottoms, and they still arent right.

I am sorry that you don't have that personlized service @ Donzi, and that is why I didn't do a cookie cutter boat. Oh and I don't think Eliminator ever thought about putting twin 1600hp engines in a 33' cat, but Bob sure was happy when the boat ran 174mph @ DS.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeRlVpcirIQ I also don't think that Glastron ever thought about there little 16' boat doing 125 either http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgHL0mErk4 but there are alot of US NUTS OUT THERE you stay in your little lake with your little v and let the CAT MEN play with there BIG numbers....
Dumbsy hah.

I am glad that you feel so good about yourself. Interesting thread and I made nothing personal. You on the other hand did. I said NOTHING bad about you and actually complimented your boat. I wished you well and meant it when I said that I wanted you to pull off something like you are trying to do. I am sorry that offended you.

Real men? Yeah that is me. I actually pay attention to what I am doing. You spout off a bunch of BS. Yeah, that was you who got laughed off Boatfreaks and backed down from a $10k bet when Thunderusone called you out. It takes a big man to do that. Hell, you did not even know what engine was in your boat. You first went around telling everyone that the engine in your boat was a 572 that made 1,200 hp. Hell, you even had an article written about your boat that had a bunch of incorrect info. I bet that made you feel important. You had to go back to the sexual predator that built your engine to get your facts straight. Then it became a 540 that made 1,200 hp with E-tops. When called out you would not back it up. That is a BIG IMPORTANT MAN you are there!

Ok, so I have a Vhull and it only does 103. Guess what? I don't care. That is as fast as I want to go in that hull and I have no intent on buring myself from a cost basis in a small boat. If I want to go faster, I will buy a real twin engine boat that is built for a set of #6's, Arneson's or Weismans and I will write a check for it. I enjoy my boat for more than just talking about how fast it goes. I actually had the balls to point out the shortcomings in my boat and manufacturer while I gave an atta boy and stood up for Steve.

Now you can go back to your BS and "BIG NUMBERS" and I will get back to the subject of learning what can and can not be done with a big power single while I enjoy riding around this weekend on my 64 mile long "little lake" that has 450 miles of shoreline. And no, I won't set any speed records but I will have a dang good time running around at a mere 60 mph. If I feel like I need to set records to have fun, I will go find another hobby. You can go on playing with your BIG NUMBERS. I am sure that someone in the audience will care and you can feel important.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 09-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.
ZXXX Donzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:20 PM
  #99
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denham Springs La.
My Boats: 2008 26' Revolution Performance Marine
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi View Post
Dumbsy hah.

I am glad that you feel so good about yourself. Interesting thread and I made nothing personal. You on the other hand did. I said NOTHING bad about you and actually complimented your boat. I wished you well and meant it when I said that I wanted you to pull off something like you are trying to do. I am sorry that offended you.

Real men? Yeah that is me. I actually pay attention to what I am doing. You spout off a bunch of BS. Yeah, that was you who got laughed off Boatfreaks and backed down from a $10k bet when Thunderusone called you out. It takes a big man to do that. Hell, you did not even know what engine was in your boat. You first went around telling everyone that the engine in your boat was a 572 that made 1,200 hp. Hell, you even had an article written about your boat that had a bunch of incorrect info. I bet that made you feel important. You had to go back to the sexual predator that built your engine to get your facts straight. Then it became a 540 that made 1,200 hp with E-tops. When called out you would not back it up. That is a BIG IMPORTANT MAN you are there!

Ok, so I have a Vhull and it only does 103. Guess what? I don't care. That is as fast as I want to go in that hull and I have no intent on buring myself from a cost basis in a small boat. If I want to go faster, I will buy a real twin engine boat that is built for a set of #6's and I will write a check for it. I enjoy my boat for more than just talking about how fast it goes. I actually had the balls to point out the shortcomings in my boat and manufacturer while I gave an atta boy and stood up for Steve.

Now you can go back to your BS and "BIG NUMBERS" and I will get back to the subject of learning what can and can not be done with a big power single while I enjoy riding around this weekend on my 64 mile long "little lake" that has 450 miles of shoreline. And no, I won't set any speed records but I will have a dang good time running around at a mere 60 mph. If I feel like I need to set records to have fun, I will go find another hobby. You can go on playing with your BIG NUMBERS. I am sure that someone in the audience will care and you can feel important.
Wow you are a numb nut arent you...Well I never backed down from the little bet, and yes I had a sexual pred. build my engine, and it is still agreat running engine with 150hrs on it, I have had nothing but good times with the boat and the engine. Oh and by the way, I am not trying to set any speed records, and that is not what this thread was about, I am just looking @ doing a drive that will hold up to the torque, and trust me I cruise just like you do...I don't go all over the place @ 100pluss MPH we take our little 100mile run from the Amite river accross lake Marupas and up the Tickfaw have lunch and return.

The atta boy to Steve didn't come accross that way to me, you came accross as a smart azz, if that is not what you meant by your comment then I am sorry that I took it that way, I am very protective of my friends. I think boating is the best hobby in the workld, I have other hobbies but none that bring me the satisfaction that boating has over the years...and cost me the most money LOL So you enjoy your boat and I will enjoy mine, which by the way the motor will be @ Precision over the winter that way everyone will know what the base numbers are, I have not decided if I am going to bump the power up, I believe Kaps engine with the 200ax SC dynoed around 925, maybe he will chime in and I don;t know what is @ now, John lamont said 1400hp on here I don't think that is right. I am very happy with the performance of my setup, if there were anything I would change, it would be going with a beefer drive the first time, but the MMW has held its on with the power going through it, and most importanly is stable as hell... I just think with the hig X dimension and getting the boat on plane is what is killing the drive, If I don't do a drive swap I am having RPM put some trim tabs on the boat this winter, that should help the drive out when getting on plane...I will keep you posted.
26 REDLINE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM
  #100
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Denham Springs La.
My Boats: 2008 26' Revolution Performance Marine
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifter View Post
Here is the 26 we did 5 years ago. It has a 980 whipple 140 mph. I took one shot a mounting the drive....

After flogging a Weismann drive for about 5 years, all we can say is "WOW". It is nice to know that you can still buy QUALITY. Thanks Pat.


pat W
Pat,

You suggested your number 6 to Steve, that looks like the ticket right there, why don't we talk about that drive 5 years that a hell of a record, I wouldn't know how to act pluss it has that way cool factor
26 REDLINE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.