Who's running a #6 in a single engine application >

Who's running a #6 in a single engine application

Notices

Who's running a #6 in a single engine application

Old 08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It ends the "Bravo Blues" for sure.
Attached Thumbnails Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-j.c.-performance-040.jpg   Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-j.c.-performance-072.jpg   Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-p767760704-4.jpg  

Old 08-31-2009, 04:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The first drive I would look at is the Weismann. Fifteen years ago they dry-sumped Mercury's #6, then designed and built their own. It's half the weight of the Merc and is rated @1600hp. They are also testing a new version of the old Blackhawk twin prop drive also rated@1600hp. Their drives and transmissions have been banned from US Offshore racing because they were TOO good, i.e. giving Merc too much competition.

Give Pat Weismann a call, see what he can do for you;

www.weismann.net
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcei
what kinda of pwr are you running?
I think the SCX is rated for 900/900 or close to it.
Between 1100-1200hp depending on setup and fuel....the boat has run 132mph, but there is more there, ran out of prop...I have the whipple 5.0L SC
Attached Thumbnails Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-gary-just-finished.jpg   Who's running a #6 in a single engine application-100_1355.jpg  
Old 08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

Your Max is not gonna hold up under 1300+. You say the new X Power doesn't work and the Arneson takes too much transom rework, so you're really confined to either the Merc 6 or the Weismann 6. There is another drive, called the Sage Drive, but I'm not sure if it can be run as a single.

The weight issue in your small cat will probably make the choice easy.

Last edited by Catmando; 08-31-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Your Max is not gonna hold up under 1300+. You say the new X Power doesn't work and the Arneson takes too much transom rework, so you're really confined to either the Merc 6 or the Weismann 6. There is another drive, called the Sage www.sagedrive.net but I'm not sure if it can be run as a single.

The weight issue in your small cat will probably make the choice easy.
Thats what I am worried about with the #6 is the weight, I like the Arneson, and Steve RPM says that the center pod work is not a big deal, but after reading the fourm in the Force section I don't know if that is the way to go, just weighing my options right now, I have looked @ the weismann, but there website doesn't give much information...
Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Thats what I am worried about with the #6 is the weight, I like the Arneson, and Steve RPM says that the center pod work is not a big deal, but after reading the fourm in the Force section I don't know if that is the way to go, just weighing my options right now, I have looked @ the weismann, but there website doesn't give much information...
300 extra pounds
Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Was wondering when I was going to see this post. Can't wait to see what you decide on. I think I'd be really tempted by the arneson...
Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Between 1100-1200hp depending on setup and fuel....the boat has run 132mph, but there is more there, ran out of prop...I have the whipple 5.0L SC
very impressive. clean and tight
Old 08-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmeng
Was wondering when I was going to see this post. Can't wait to see what you decide on. I think I'd be really tempted by the arneson...
Yup, changed the drive coupler, but the drive has a problem also, it will be @ MMW Wednesday morning for a rebuild...what a biotch 3 grand last year, 6 grand this year, and so on, oh well thats what we, as high performance boaters look forward to...spendin money I am just thankful I am able to afford it....for now

John you have seen me run the boat, no jack rabbit starts and I never hammer the throttle I always ease into it, WTF I just don't understand why the chit keeps going out, that is why I am looking @ other options, the Arneson is damn fine but alot of work has to be done to the bottom center pad of the boat, maybe I ought to just get a 496 with a bravo...NOT you know you will be one of the first to know next summer...
Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Registered

scx hands down, easiest most reliable setup without major modification.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.