Like Tree0Likes

Nick Carter Racing

Old 09-16-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
I wish one of my sons would even claim they know me.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
First off Nick wasnt in the boat , Niether was his father, after some testing with Lee Murray, Dad needed depends! he was in way over his head.
I cant remember his name but a Dr from KW drove the boat.

T2x hit the mark.
I recall that they interviewed the father and he said it was to much boat for him. he went from boston whaler17 to that
Old 09-16-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 1982 Pantera 24sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley View Post
NO Dan Campbell was in the 50 Jag when it crashed. Lobsterboy was set up to run a different boat the following year under the NC banner but they never actually ran....
Speaking of lobsterboy..............

Anybody heard from him??
Old 09-16-2009, 11:53 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: Activator SVL

If you own the boat that Bob Carter drove to the world championship in 2003 does that make it worth more?
Old 09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalstone View Post
Yeah, I agree too.

t2- if you weren't complaining, it sounded pretty condescending and negative.
Good......it was meant to be.

Sometimes the facts sound negative and condescending....but they're still the facts.

It's also not always possible or adviseable to put a positive "spin" on rubbish.

How does "Hitler, a very creative and dynamic guy, got a little carried away every now and then." sound to you?

Sounds like B.S. correct?

Well, so does all of the silly P.R. platitudes about celebrity children "taking care" of their parents.......and how much it does (or "can do" ... Pardon the pun) for "the sport".

None of the celebrities who passed through the "sport" on the way to the next best thing left so much as a grain of sand that is useful to the racers of today.......... What they did leave behind was an artificial and temporary aura of success to the other participants and kept their attention away from solving the ongoing lack of a competition model that bedevils the game month after year after decade. It also somehow made other racers, especially in the little boats, feel like "somebody" to know that Don Johnson wet them down in a turn.

Until we return to actual boat racing between talented people who make their "name" from their skills and desire for true competition, all of this other nonsense will have to pass as "The sport".

T2x
Old 09-21-2009, 01:44 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR TIME View Post
T2x do you recall what jason said happen? and after the car wreak I think he called it quits and went back to the stage

I clearly recall that he did not blame himself...and there was something about not being able to see over the dash...

I also recall that after his car racing career ended in repeated disasters....... he blamed his pit crew.

T2x
Old 09-21-2009, 02:06 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2x View Post
Good......it was meant to be.

Sometimes the facts sound negative and condescending....but they're still the facts.

It's also not always possible or adviseable to put a positive "spin" on rubbish.

How does "Hitler, a very creative and dynamic guy, got a little carried away every now and then." sound to you?

Sounds like B.S. correct?

Well, so does all of the silly P.R. platitudes about celebrity children "taking care" of their parents.......and how much it does (or "can do" ... Pardon the pun) for "the sport".

None of the celebrities who passed through the "sport" on the way to the next best thing left so much as a grain of sand that is useful to the racers of today.......... What they did leave behind was an artificial and temporary aura of success to the other participants and kept their attention away from solving the ongoing lack of a competition model that bedevils the game month after year after decade. It also somehow made other racers, especially in the little boats, feel like "somebody" to know that Don Johnson wet them down in a turn.

Until we return to actual boat racing between talented people who make their "name" from their skills and desire for true competition, all of this other nonsense will have to pass as "The sport".

T2x

ok, I understand what your saying. The hitler thing is a stretch, but I hear what your saying. I gather you have been around quite a while and truly know your stuff.
All due respect though, I gotta say- you sound like an ornry old cuss who's pissed at the world around him!
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: Offshore Racing, Classic Magnums

I'm sure if Nick Carter was around 20 years earlier and raced a Conquest Cat we would be hearing how great he and his crew were....
Or perhaps if Nick was a drug dealer who wanted a 30 Shadow, (just like the "celebrities" that pass thru the sport), I'm sure that would be different...

Last edited by Fast Shafts; 09-21-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshoredrillin View Post
Well well he finally took Rush Limbaugh's c**k out of his mouth and said something.
Old 09-23-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1987 Caferacer

priestley is done ....he has already crashed everything you can crash...no more milestones!!!!!!!!