Like Tree0Likes

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Reply
Old 09-29-2009, 02:03 PM
  #141
Registered
 
PatriYacht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waterford,MI
My Boats: 94 43SC Black Thunder
Posts: 2,860
Default

If true, the guys at Oxford made a very good investment. Reggie really is the best person to have in charge of the company so i'm happy to see that.
PatriYacht is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:14 PM
  #142
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Spring Lake, MI
My Boats: Advantage
Posts: 328
Default

I wonder how much Reggie will con Oxford into wasting in advertising? He may know the most about the company but he is not the best person to run it!

He should do what he does best! Advise them on how to build the boat, not how to advertise or run the company.
Todd Hartigh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 02:45 PM
  #143
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
salesmanship's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Cape Coral FL
My Boats: boats
Posts: 2,159
Default

May the Fonz be with you. (Peter Griffin)
salesmanship is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:07 PM
  #144
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
My Boats: 27' Rayson Craft
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriYacht View Post
If true, the guys at Oxford made a very good investment. Reggie really is the best person to have in charge of the company so i'm happy to see that.
Reggie is the best person to have in charge of nothing. He created the mess with short-sighted goals and no idea of how to operate a large corporation in tough economic times. Don't blame anyone but Reggie. The employees should hope that Reggie is not allowed in the building ever again, let alone allowed to remain a partner and still be president and CEO. He may have done a lot for the industry, but he F#*&%D all 400 of his employees....and you want him to be in charge again!?! Try thinking like a leader, not a follower.
hooky40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:17 PM
  #145
Registered
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooky40 View Post
Reggie is the best person to have in charge of nothing. He created the mess with short-sighted goals and no idea of how to operate a large corporation in tough economic times. Don't blame anyone but Reggie. The employees should hope that Reggie is not allowed in the building ever again, let alone allowed to remain a partner and still be president and CEO. He may have done a lot for the industry, but he F#*&%D all 400 of his employees....and you want him to be in charge again!?! Try thinking like a leader, not a follower.
I have also heard from a reliable source that employees on Fountain payroll were the one's building or doing work at his personal house.
cigracing1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:26 PM
  #146
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 69
Default

Does this all mean I have to put a Fountain sticker on my IlmorDonzi?
IlmorDonzi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM
  #147
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Bullhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Smithfield, VA
My Boats: Outerlimits Sl44
Posts: 1,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigracing1 View Post
I have also heard from a reliable source that employees on Fountain payroll were the one's building or doing work at his personal house.


I know the guy that built his house
Bullhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
  #148
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
My Boats: 27' Rayson Craft
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullhead View Post
I know the guy that built his house
I'm sure you do
hooky40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
  #149
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
US1 Fountain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Lafayette. IN
Posts: 10,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesmanship View Post
Was Donzi aware that they're still a "fledgling company"?

Lets expand

Were the 400 Fountain employees aware they were being "F#*&%D" ? (I'm sure they all wished they would have read OSO for this insight. Now they must feel like idiots for working there)

Did these same employees give a chit where their paycheck was coming from, even if they did work on Reggies house? oops, they were getting "F#*&%D" for working for a paycheck. My bad.

Reggie has ran FPB for how many yrs, and made Fountain what it is? Yeah, I'd say Reggie knows how to run a company. JUST MAYBE the economy has a hand in the hardship. Lets tear into all the other boat builders that have closed up.


Keyboard Jockeys!
__________________
Some people are like Slinkies - Not really good for anything, but they
bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.
US1 Fountain is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
  #150
Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
My Boats: 27' Rayson Craft
Posts: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by US1 Fountain View Post
Lets expand

Were the 400 Fountain employees aware they were being "F#*&%D" ? (I'm sure they all wished they would have read OSO for this insight. Now they must feel like idiots for working there)

Did these same employees give a chit where their paycheck was coming from, even if they did work on Reggies house? oops, they were getting "F#*&%D" for working for a paycheck. My bad.

Reggie has ran FPB for how many yrs, and made Fountain what it is? Yeah, I'd say Reggie knows how to run a company. JUST MAYBE the economy has a hand in the hardship. Lets tear into all the other boat builders that have closed up.


Keyboard Jockeys!
Yes, the employees were working for a paycheck, but they also got "F#*&%D" with their 401k's and any future earnings that they could have had if the company had an owner/CEO/President who knew his ass from drain plug (about running a company). Reggie makes a nice boat, not runs a good company. Good CEO's don't blame the "bad economy" when business goes bad, they plan for such situations (its called "forecasting" or a "contingency plan", you should look it up). What he should have done is hire someone "smarter" than him to plan for hard economic times, not pick up a Baja line and keep pumping out new hulls so he could screw all the dealers too. If you took a moment to take off your "Reggie" colored glasses, you would see that he called the shots and then went down in flames. He got the glory for years and now he gets the blame because he was in way over his head, its very easy to see.

Have you taken a look at the balance sheet over there? They're upside down so far, that a trustee allowed their bank note to be sold before going to auction! That right there should tell you something. I'm sure all the people who own Fountains or Sell Fountains, want to believe the best...but reality tells a whole different story. Balance sheets don't lie, neither do Ch 11 trustees...
hooky40 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.