Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Purchasing Fountain Powerboats >

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Notices

Purchasing Fountain Powerboats

Old 09-29-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If true, the guys at Oxford made a very good investment. Reggie really is the best person to have in charge of the company so i'm happy to see that.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder how much Reggie will con Oxford into wasting in advertising? He may know the most about the company but he is not the best person to run it!

He should do what he does best! Advise them on how to build the boat, not how to advertise or run the company.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May the Fonz be with you. (Peter Griffin)
Old 09-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PatriYacht
If true, the guys at Oxford made a very good investment. Reggie really is the best person to have in charge of the company so i'm happy to see that.
Reggie is the best person to have in charge of nothing. He created the mess with short-sighted goals and no idea of how to operate a large corporation in tough economic times. Don't blame anyone but Reggie. The employees should hope that Reggie is not allowed in the building ever again, let alone allowed to remain a partner and still be president and CEO. He may have done a lot for the industry, but he F#*&%D all 400 of his employees....and you want him to be in charge again!?! Try thinking like a leader, not a follower.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hooky40
Reggie is the best person to have in charge of nothing. He created the mess with short-sighted goals and no idea of how to operate a large corporation in tough economic times. Don't blame anyone but Reggie. The employees should hope that Reggie is not allowed in the building ever again, let alone allowed to remain a partner and still be president and CEO. He may have done a lot for the industry, but he F#*&%D all 400 of his employees....and you want him to be in charge again!?! Try thinking like a leader, not a follower.
I have also heard from a reliable source that employees on Fountain payroll were the one's building or doing work at his personal house.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered

Does this all mean I have to put a Fountain sticker on my IlmorDonzi?
Old 09-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 68 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cigracing1
I have also heard from a reliable source that employees on Fountain payroll were the one's building or doing work at his personal house.

I know the guy that built his house
Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bullhead
I know the guy that built his house
I'm sure you do
Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by salesmanship
Was Donzi aware that they're still a "fledgling company"?

Lets expand

Were the 400 Fountain employees aware they were being "F#*&%D" ? (I'm sure they all wished they would have read OSO for this insight. Now they must feel like idiots for working there)

Did these same employees give a chit where their paycheck was coming from, even if they did work on Reggies house? oops, they were getting "F#*&%D" for working for a paycheck. My bad.

Reggie has ran FPB for how many yrs, and made Fountain what it is? Yeah, I'd say Reggie knows how to run a company. JUST MAYBE the economy has a hand in the hardship. Lets tear into all the other boat builders that have closed up.

Keyboard Jockeys!
Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Lets expand

Were the 400 Fountain employees aware they were being "F#*&%D" ? (I'm sure they all wished they would have read OSO for this insight. Now they must feel like idiots for working there)

Did these same employees give a chit where their paycheck was coming from, even if they did work on Reggies house? oops, they were getting "F#*&%D" for working for a paycheck. My bad.

Reggie has ran FPB for how many yrs, and made Fountain what it is? Yeah, I'd say Reggie knows how to run a company. JUST MAYBE the economy has a hand in the hardship. Lets tear into all the other boat builders that have closed up.

Keyboard Jockeys!
Yes, the employees were working for a paycheck, but they also got "F#*&%D" with their 401k's and any future earnings that they could have had if the company had an owner/CEO/President who knew his ass from drain plug (about running a company). Reggie makes a nice boat, not runs a good company. Good CEO's don't blame the "bad economy" when business goes bad, they plan for such situations (its called "forecasting" or a "contingency plan", you should look it up). What he should have done is hire someone "smarter" than him to plan for hard economic times, not pick up a Baja line and keep pumping out new hulls so he could screw all the dealers too. If you took a moment to take off your "Reggie" colored glasses, you would see that he called the shots and then went down in flames. He got the glory for years and now he gets the blame because he was in way over his head, its very easy to see.

Have you taken a look at the balance sheet over there? They're upside down so far, that a trustee allowed their bank note to be sold before going to auction! That right there should tell you something. I'm sure all the people who own Fountains or Sell Fountains, want to believe the best...but reality tells a whole different story. Balance sheets don't lie, neither do Ch 11 trustees...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.