Notices

Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette

Old 04-14-2002, 09:26 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool Let's think about this...

Originally posted by Bosco
If you think for one moment these two boats are in the same league I believe you need an education in boat manufacturing.
Think about 30 years of breaking things and making them better vs about 5 years.
C'mon guys, Bosco is right.
I'm always in for furthering my education. Hell, I'm damn near 40 and just started going back to school last semester. So, If Bosco can open my eyes to newer/better ways, I'm in.
Now, I also agree with Bosco in that 30 years of breaking things has to teach you something. If anything else, how to break things really good. Obviously he assumes that there was some experience gained by Cigarette from all those broken boats, (that doesn't sound good, does it?). Anyway, I would agree with Bosco that 30 years of experience is probably better than 5 years. The one detail that Bosco didn't consider is that the folks working at Active Thunder didn't just walk in green when the doors opened in Pompano Beach. In fact, when I was at the AT plant last week, I had a long conversation with the gentleman who does most of the glass work. This guy was involved with racing and race boats back when Betty Cook was spankin the big dawgs. This ole boy has the knowledge and experience that defines the deference between an average recreation boat assembly plant and a top of the line custom performance boat manufacturer. His experience includes THE top names in high end performance boats, and some of the winningest teams in offshore racing. In other words, He's been there to see the "decades of refinement". And Active Thunder is taking full advantage of that.
So Bosco, the way I see it, Skypirate didn't give a rats ass about brand name, or what any given name has done in the past. It also sounds like the man can write a check for anything he cares to buy, (which disgusts me ), so pricetag don't mean squat. It came down to buying a boat that rides on a name and a great heritage, or buying a boat that is making a name for itself now and building its own heritage.
Old 04-14-2002, 09:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey Boscoe, (POWERPLAY)---I find it funny how you can come on the board and try and slam one of your competors. Active Thunder has been kickin your ass, because they know what it takes to be a winner in the market place. I would have bought your 33 back in 96, and possibly your 38 now, but Your still back in the 80s technology, You need to get a clue, to whats going on, other than when you quoted me 9 mos. ago...QUOTE: Hey I'm Powerplay and Cigarette and Active Thunder are'nt in my leage and Outerlimits is a close second. That is where you lost all your credability, AGAIN , not only with me, along with the lost sales that A.T> has picked up. YOUR USED CAR GREASY SALESMEN TECHNIQUES, DON'T FLY ANYMORE.

Instead of worring about what A.T. is doing, why don't you anwser some of the QUESTIONS that possible prospects have been asking on your PP board, it speculates something is wrong, 94 mph w/twinn 725 Cobra's on your new 38, what smart ass designed that bottom, (Oh ya, I know it was overpropped, Oh ya, the motor blew, tell us another one) . Why don't you take care of your own problems first, and get some of these year old plus customers their boats It would be nice to hear from customers positive things to say about PowerPlay like they did 10 years ago vs the steadfast decline and negativity that has become a common word with the attitude of the company, along with the length of time frame it takes to get a boat. Most of us hope you get your stuff together, for competive reasons, you are more of man admitting your mistakes, its funny how things could turn around, good luck to you
Old 04-14-2002, 11:03 AM
Whatdoin

Bosco works for Powerplay???

Old 04-14-2002, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

built model years:1995-1996-1997-1998-1999-2000-2001-2002-2003.

sounds like more than 5 years to me.

Old 04-14-2002, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gordo, your comments are correct for a company that has been under the same management and has the same work force for those 30 years with smooth transitions in power. Now I am not a Cig expert but haven't there been several owners over the last 30 years with some of the transitions due to bankruptcy.

I think they are great boats with more heritage than most, but those 30 years have been filled with transitions, some pleasant, some not so pleasant. To say their current expertise in boat building is far superior to another is over looking turn over in ownership and manpower which is where the real expertise resides.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:08 PM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warrior,

Your point is right on, I stand corrected.
Although I believe a couple of the Cigarette people have been there for a while. Not to take anything away from Neal. I think Neal is a great guy and damn good at what he does, but I don't think he's been building boats for 30 years.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:07 PM
Registered

Bosco,

I am still waiting for my return call on my three previous attempts to get information on your 38. That is something to roll your eyes about. I have to ask why you post the things that you do. I have been in business for myself for 9 years, and one thing that I know is when my competition bad mouths my company it is for one reason, and one reason only, they are SCARED. Business 101 you DO NOT BAD MOUTH your competion. I am surprised that after 30 years in business you (powerplay) have not learned this basic rule. Again, I wish you the best of luck and Powerplay.

Last edited by thunderdan; 04-14-2002 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Whatdoin

wow, this guy bosco has a lot to learn!

Old 04-15-2002, 08:19 AM
ScreaminDemon

looks like you guys shut him down!

Old 04-15-2002, 08:22 AM
Registered

Screamin,

I doubt it. He was just probably not on the board over the weekend.

Quick Reply: Decision made Active Thunder/Cigarette

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.