Notices

the real story...

Old 04-11-2002, 08:36 AM
GOT MERC?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hey Tinkerboater,
I AM the salesman that sold DanL
his usedNON LEAKING WHEN SHIPPED stainless headers. Please review my previous post. I stated that there is NO WARRANTY on used marine parts purchased from Doller Offshore Marine PERIOD! If the consumer is willing to gamble on how long a used set of headers is going to last that his his business. I could have told DanL sorry no returns on used marine product your stuck with leaky headers and your out the $ for them. We do not do business like that. He was informed that the headers were used with no warranty and only god knows how long they will last. Once again if he bought new headers he would not have had to deal with this issue.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:32 AM
DJD
Registered

Ahhh Too Old, always the voice of reason. Well said!
Old 04-11-2002, 11:43 AM
GRH

TOO OLD - I like the way you think.... both sides have been heard... lets start looking thru the windshield...instead of the rear view mirror....

Old 04-11-2002, 12:35 PM
DanL

I think someone is full of crap here. Hey, GoodFella, here's a test, because you are way too quick to justify yourself. Which headers exactly are we talking about? You have one shot to give the right answer. I just emailed Spitfire1 the correct answer.
Originally posted by Goodfella
Hey Tinkerboater,
I AM the salesman that sold DanL
his usedNON LEAKING WHEN SHIPPED stainless headers. Please review my previous post. I stated that there is NO WARRANTY on used marine parts purchased from Doller Offshore Marine PERIOD! If the consumer is willing to gamble on how long a used set of headers is going to last that his his business. I could have told DanL sorry no returns on used marine product your stuck with leaky headers and your out the $ for them. We do not do business like that. He was informed that the headers were used with no warranty and only god knows how long they will last. Once again if he bought new headers he would not have had to deal with this issue.

Old 04-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TOO OLD and GRH,
I am in full agreement. We have all learned alot about how things can, will, wont, and could work in this buisness. Many of us have jumped in and expressed our opinions. Tinker has brought up some interesting points and Goodfella has Brought some company policies to light. One thing will stand no matter how long this thread runs, This is between Doller and OT. I think this is the point were the larning ends and the Mud Throwing begins. I will take wha I have learned from this thread and apply it to my further practice. I hope the two parties involved can come to a conclusion and the rest of us can respect that. Im putting my soapbox away for this thread.
Good Luck!
Old 04-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

Thanks IDRPSTF -- These days there are too many people willing to lie to cover their asses. Way too many negative stories for some of them not to be true. From my dealings with customers with blatent problems such as this I tend to believe them. I have some experiance with metal and headers do not crack all at once from one or two expansions and contractions. If the headers were properly pressure tested and they only had a few thermal shocks left than they would be full of stress cracks but not open cracks. These almost open stress cracks will leak slightly under 60 psi of water pressure. No ifs ands or buts. The only way that non leaking headers would suddenly leak is if you were having major backfiring going on. AND I AM DONE WITH THIS POST --- Nothing else can be said that hasn't. If you run a business properly you won't have these problems. KEEP YOUR BUSINESS AND YOUR EMPLOYEES HONEST AND EVERYONE WILL WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH YOU......... GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY BOATING.
Old 04-12-2002, 04:29 AM
jb
Registered

I think the leaky headers interests me... If you are told they dont leak, why did they leak on the first try? Why cant you try to make good? You say you did by taking them back, but... What the hell is a 200 restocking fee? It costs that much to open a box and throw it back in inventory on the leaky, errr non leaky shelf? Sounds like its just a deterrant for returns. Certainly $200 on restocking more than covers the Credit card fee, and then s-o-m-e. Probably more than you made on the headers anyway! So ya still got your sale!
Buyer should also be aware of the policy. If we dont like the policy a certain company has, then we should go elsewhere.

I guess I dont get why Goodfella sounds so defensive. His lack of customer service prompted my reply. I know, I know, your just quoting your policy. But dont sound like ya dont care, cause ya do.
Sometimes the sore tongue from biting it makes the customer happy. The customer is always right...right?? In my line I hear it all the time. I know that 99 out of 100 times the customer is wrong, but I need them to come back! So I make it right. Sometimes you need to lose $10 to make $100

good luck all
Just surprised Doller stands that firm, I always thought they had a good rep. Live and learn I guess.
I will still keep their brochure from the Miami show. Just wish they would update the pics, is that panelling?