Notices

Zuperman/myway Sale?

Old 11-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CustomRigger101
as a broker.. it's real easy to talk someone like those owners to put there boats up for brokage when they get the boats new.. because it could take them 2-3years to sell the boat.. so rather than wait both owner will put the boats on the market the first day they get them.. and if it sells in 6months or a year earlier than they wanted to.. they just buy a new boat.. rahter than wait until they are ready to sell the boat then put it on the market and wait for a buyer..

thomas
Good points and thanks for chiming in with your obvious inside knowledge.
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
Hi I have met guys who have bigger toys 10million dollar boats and up and to some its the challege to work and design these toys 50ft cats or 120'ships I call them. after they are done they go out run them a little and there bored with there boats 20million dollar houses and move on. I have seen this a lot over 27yrs being a worker in there world working with designers and clients on custom flooring and rugs hahaha. and I have seen it with regular guys that build hot rods and bikes , boats the fun is making a idea come to life. but I know whats up with one of the above just can't say well it might be both.

I don't even know anybody that could spend a mill on anything , Or know anybody that knows somebody that could buy a million dollar whatever

No prices, I guess they prequalify the person before they make up a price

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 11-12-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a loophole for leasing. You go get a toy that is not offered for lease, you put down minimum $, use it and get rid of it, so you actually don't ever own it, but thats ok because the average person thinks that you do, and in 10 years the boat is basically worthless and it's somebody elses problem. You have leased something that wasn't offered for lease. It's a perfect plan, everybody walks away happy.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
I don't even know anybody that could spend a mill on anything , Or know anybody that knows somebody that could buy a million dollar whatever

No prices, I guess they prequalify the person before they make up a price
it made it real hard for me to buy my 1st house yrs ago haha after working in mansions for a few years, I was like wow I love these places but will never own one. there was a guy in nantucket had a multi million dollar house there a 4million sail boat it was 104ft long, for fun a 29 donzi that the 17yr old son broke everyweek a gradywhite to fish. the big boat had a crew of 8 from down under haha and we partyed every day for a week after 5 cocktail hour and we were included me and my bud. it took 5 days to change the rugs in it it would of been longer but my dad flew over to see what was up. they told us it was 2 steps that weren't finished in NY. THEN i FIND OUT ITS THE WHOLE BOAT. The biggest one I worked on was a 167ft and I got 2mons worth of steaks and high end food they change the freezer foods every 2 months I was there with 4 of my guys plus 6 others and we all ended up with months worth of steaks, roasts,tips, seafood. well getting off track here.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
what difference does it make, other than the owners of the boats to sell or not sell. Way too much speculation. It's none of our business... too many people worring about other people... just worry about yourself. It's like you guys want these guys who have nice boats to fail.. or I've noticed many threads like this with a few of the usual guys commenting.. and always negative... too much doom and gloom around here. Everyone is an expert..
Did you bother to read the first post? He clearly stated that they had no reason to sell. LCM is out of business, that's why he's asking. Zuperman could lose 100's of millions and still afford the boat. We all know that. Be sure brain is in gear before engaging post button
Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm pretty sure BZ is building another big Skater. I am not sure what's next on the menu for MyWay.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:52 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Probably decided an OL isn't all it's cracked up to be and want to get a Fountain. Or in this case, just buy Fountain.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

It only money, and there giving it away by the Billions at the white house.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Probably decided an OL isn't all it's cracked up to be and want to get a Fountain. Or in this case, just buy Fountain.
hell this one is so good I shot peanut butter out of my nose laughing. best comment on this thread.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
Did you bother to read the first post? He clearly stated that they had no reason to sell. LCM is out of business, that's why he's asking. Zuperman could lose 100's of millions and still afford the boat. We all know that. Be sure brain is in gear before engaging post button
Thats how you read it, I read it differently. Do some research into a few facts on LCM and the boats, and why they are on that site. Bottom line, these are hard times, and what ever the reasons are for a sale, should be at the sellers discression, and not up for speculation. This thread didnt turn out like the others that I've read the past few months. It was more civil with out the sarcasm of all the oso experts on reasons of what and why the boats are for sale, and what they would or should have done to prevent the sale... like they could even hang in these guys shoe's.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.