Selling to some one out of the country >

Selling to some one out of the country

Notices

Selling to some one out of the country

Old 12-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

So much fun. Especially when the buyer thinks I should bend over backwards for him.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the buyer is jerking you off.

I sold a 38 Baja to a guy in the Ukraine two years ago. I had all the money, the boat, and no contract. He just trusted I would do the right thing.

I contacted him two months later and he said the boat was stuck in customs in Germany because of the trailer not having a title. He missed the whole summer.

I never talked to him again because I was afraid of what he might say

I am sure he was happy once he received the rig.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Registered

Welcome to the retail world. This guy sounds like a SCAM ! I see them everyday being in the business. Don't ever deliver anything without ALL the $$$$. I have seen alot of people get burned. I have sent alot out of the country but it is always on our shops terms;and when it goes that way there is no issues. The kinkier the deal gets the chances are greater it is a SCAM! Beware and good luck.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

The first flag for me would be that he can't get a passport!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sold my boat to a guy in Washington last spring. He bought it sight unseen. He volunteered to wire full payment if I would deliver the boat to his hauler at the border. Entire transaction was first class. Guys like you were trying to deal with give everyone a bad name and that's not right. I have also bought 5 boats in the USA over the years and am reasonably well versed in getting them thru customs. Never had a problem getting any of them into Canada but I always kept everything above board. Canada customs can be pretty good at smelling a "rat" and in general have a short "sweat" period for all incoming things like boats.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Registered

I personally know the guy and I know hes not screwing around. He's got cash in hand ready to go
Old 12-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Registered

I believe he is willing to meet at customs.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:55 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by twistedvelocity
I believe he is willing to meet at customs.
Perhaps you can inform him/your friend/the proposed buyer that he's being unrealistic at not providing half the money upfront, if not all of it upfront. Whats with his story of no passport/moms name registration/pay fees upfront ? It reaks of bullchit, dont you agree ??
Old 12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
Registered

I think giving half upfront is crazy. But giving maybe a $1000 deposit isn't. I don't even have a passport so what does that say about me, most people I know don't have them. If he were to meet the seller at customs and cover all the fees I wouldn't seee a problem there. The boat going into his mothers name has something to do with a trust fund.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Registered

I almost bought that boat last summer. Great shape and reasonable price. Joe is a stand up guy that will not put up with any of this nonsense. That boat will hold its value in my opinion. I did not buy it because I talked myself out of a twin and I went with a newer 280 Velocity single screw.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.