Like Tree0Likes

sneak peak/ fastest 42 tiger engine

Reply
Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM
  #491
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
GATORONE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 952
Default

yeeeaaaaahhhh.......that's it
GATORONE is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 01:56 PM
  #492
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lake of the ozarks
My Boats: 40 Skater 607Ci 14:71 TF Kobelco
Posts: 1,234
Default

Has anyone stated what speed is needed to be the fastest 42 Tiger???
thumper038 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:33 AM
  #493
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29
Default engines

What the bs flags for? doubting our numbers? actually Shawn & i are in the lower 1400 hp 30 degrees timing, 93 ethanol gas, actually tried a lil meth inj but we are still so rich it made less power, a/f ration in low to mid 11, RICH, we can lean a lil more or just add boost, cam motion is a good company with lots of exp in all motorsports, if anyone doubts that, they are ignorant! i would take a cam stick from crane, isky, whatever, he is a local company that is grindeing our cams to our specs, whats wrong with that, if this cam doesnt work any better, than its our fault....if this is more power than some of you guys make im sorry, also this is with some carbs, old school! im lucky to surround myself with Shawn & another long time friend Chris Laquerre who between the three of us brainstorm and r & d together, am glad to say we have got a lil attention from the heavy hitters on this site! good or bad!
Voodoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 AM
  #494
Rob
VIP Member
Trade Score: (6)
 
Strip Poker 388's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Madison,Mississippi
My Boats: Hustler 388
Posts: 21,567
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
What the bs flags for? doubting our numbers? actually Shawn & i are in the lower 1400 hp 30 degrees timing, 93 ethanol gas, actually tried a lil meth inj but we are still so rich it made less power, a/f ration in low to mid 11, RICH, we can lean a lil more or just add boost, cam motion is a good company with lots of exp in all motorsports, if anyone doubts that, they are ignorant! i would take a cam stick from crane, isky, whatever, he is a local company that is grindeing our cams to our specs, whats wrong with that, if this cam doesnt work any better, than its our fault....if this is more power than some of you guys make im sorry, also this is with some carbs, old school! im lucky to surround myself with Shawn & another long time friend Chris Laquerre who between the three of us brainstorm and r & d together, am glad to say we have got a lil attention from the heavy hitters on this site! good or bad!

Cam Motion is at the top on the pump gas drag series motors and Ive seen alot of the Hot Rod street car shoot out engines with his cams.
__________________
.

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Strip Poker 388 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:20 AM
  #495
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
My Boats: 2004 29 Outlaw
Posts: 2,793
Default

Wait, are these engines going in a Tiger or the Motion?
jmeng is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:48 AM
  #496
Registered
 
Croozin2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Denham Springs, La.
My Boats: '99 Carbon Fiber Lip-Ship Top Gun
Posts: 1,540
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 View Post
Cam Motion is at the top on the pump gas drag series motors and Ive seen alot of the Hot Rod street car shoot out engines with his cams.
Not nearly on the same scale but Kip ground the cams for my 454's in my old Formula. Did nothing else but bump the compression just a bit. Iron heads, dual plane intakes, Q-jets and EMI Thunder exhaust made 509 and 513hp. Fairly impressive for otherwise stock 454 mags.
Croozin2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:52 AM
  #497
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lake charles LA
Posts: 387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeng View Post
Wait, are these engines going in a Tiger or the Motion?
In Doug's tiger until he finds a cat
The motion has some similar engines already
SHAWN DAVIS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:10 AM
  #498
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
My Boats: 2004 29 Outlaw
Posts: 2,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAWN DAVIS View Post
In Doug's tiger until he finds a cat
The motion has some similar engines already
Ah, now I know which boat we're talking about.

Shawn, heard your dad bought a big cruiser last year. What did he get?
jmeng is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:15 AM
  #499
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lake charles LA
Posts: 387
Default

We partnered up and bought a 57 ft yacht, nice 3 bedroom rig.
Sold it already, too slow. Would have been nice to bring to the poker runs.
We got another cruiser this year a 38 ft 2 bedroom deal. Probably be for sale also shortly
SHAWN DAVIS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:30 AM
  #500
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
Quinlan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Tulsa, GLOC
My Boats: 02 38 T/S GUN-SMITH POWER 43 Wellcraft Portifino
Posts: 3,141
Default

So when they going in the Tiger?
Quinlan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.