Notices

Ol On Tv Tonight

Old 02-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GATORONE
I have run in big water numerous times with that boat....I agree Chicago that year was 6-8 ft with an occasional big hole and we ran the boat well over a 100 to the first stop and had no issues with anything on the boat and had nothing to repair unlike many
Shhh! Lot's of new boats from all KINDS of manufacturers didn't hold up so well on that day...

Every pic I have of the GTX on that day she is flying perfectly level.
Old 02-08-2010, 10:46 AM
45 Lip Ship / 900 Zul's
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Mike, was always in the boat with me...problem with this site is most people don't believe it if they have never done it or don't have a boat capable of doing it.. . You have two choices in that water go slow and get wet and beat or go fast and get on top and hang on
Well said Bill
Rick OSG
Old 02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I don't know what you guys consider 8-10's but go outside your house and look up to your roof (average 1 story) and that is 8 feet. Anyone that can even run 40 in that I would have to tip my hat to.
that is what im talking about .
i know alot of these lake guy's think 3 to 4 footer'a are 8 to 10's but like you said . think of going a 100mph into a wave that is the size of a single story on a house . i know you can do it but it wont be comfortable if anything you will be holding on for your life .
i just couldnt believe that ol would make a statement like that .
now you will see some dumb rich guy by one of these boat and try it because thats what he herd on the tv . then we will see him on tv very hurt if not dead .
Old 02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you ever been in a big ol in big water?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 878 Likes on 476 Posts

There are a lot of BSr's online.............Gatorone isn't one of them!

Guy has been faster in boats than most people have in cars! If he says a 47 GTX will run 100 in big water.........believe him.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:32 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
There are a lot of BSr's online.............Gatorone isn't one of them!

Guy has been faster in boats than most people have in cars! If he says a 47 GTX will run 100 in big water.........believe him.
I don't doubt for one min. he has gone faster then I ever will. My statement is just that most people do not know how to measure a wave. There are a ton of ways to do it but I was on one of my customers boats (78 foot sport fish) and we were in what we called 8 foot and I was not sure the boat was not going to break apart.

This is a good example of different ways to measure waves (cresting not swells) and you can see that if you are in Hawaii they are serious about thier waves.

http://www.yosurfer.com/content/mete..._wave_size.htm

This is a very cool site that you can check wave heights around the world. Click on the maps and see how very few places around the world have 10 foot high or more wave heights. Then look at what is going on in that area and see you or any sane person would be boating in that.

http://www.oceanweather.com/data/
Old 02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can verify that poker run in 02 off Newport. I was running right next to Mike in my 42gtx and there was a 42 legacy as well. All three of us were running between 90 and 100 and they were easily 8 footers. Everyone else turned around.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Even the Apaches?!?
Old 02-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No Apaches there on that run.
Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What time and what channel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.