Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need opinion on next boat. >

Need opinion on next boat.

Notices

Need opinion on next boat.

Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'll be honest I'm 24 living at home still, no steady GF, no kids. Own a succesful lawn & landscape/snow removal/fert app business, Got to get the toys while I still can.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Cig
Awwww, GL, you still got a little soft spot huuuuh???
Old 02-18-2010, 04:29 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Awwww, GL, you still got a little soft spot huuuuh???
Have you seen a picture of me? There are plenty of soft spots!

"Is that oneaah them thar Cigarette boats?"
Old 02-18-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Have you seen a picture of me? There are plenty of soft spots!

"Is that oneaah them thar Cigarette boats?"
HAHAHA! You can still squeeze into the canopy of that MTI, you're doing ok
Old 02-18-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
Thanks everyone for the help and input. When I bought my baja 1.5 yr. ago the bank would not give a loan out on it. Think they said it had to be a 02 or 03 or newer. I managed to pay cash. However, a lot of ppl I know buying these boats take a line of credit on their house. This is what I will be doing with a rental house of ours.

Here are a few I have found, but I'm sure more will be popping up as the season gets closer.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/boa/1590884060.html

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...zi-ZX-96424275

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/5758

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o32842-en.html
Hey if you are interested in the Hustler, I live in Indianapolis. Don't know where you live.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Registered

I'm in Toledo
Old 02-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I rafted up with that Hustler this past summer. I did'nt look at it very good, but it did run good. I live in Indy also. The owner is a friend of a friend of mine.

Morry
Old 02-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaboatnut
Well I'll be honest I'm 24 living at home still, no steady GF, no kids. Own a succesful lawn & landscape/snow removal/fert app business, Got to get the toys while I still can.
Well then I am sure you have heard this before then. "Take that $100k and invest it in this rock bottom real estate market."
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I'm not sure why the bad rap with Baja? Other than there are tons of them out there & they are a "production" boat & often times are bought by guys just getting into performance boating.
I don't know... IMO some of it is deserved. I don't think they build a bad product by any means, but I do think they go cheap on some items that they shouldn't, and don't spend enough money/time on R&D.

Reading the owners forum brought to light that for a few years they built boats with an improper X-dim, and later corrected it. I was shocked to hear how little R&D went into the actual design and final product. It seemed more of a guessing "get it close" kind of game, and they would seem to just run with anything to get product out of the door.

What really bothers me is it shouldn't cost all that much to R&D an X-dim. Build 4-5 boats with diff X-dims, see what works, and sell them all as demos, and know how to go forward from there.

Also, they're one of few manufacturers that do not automatically put K-planes on boats that are bigger than 30'. I realize that this is an "option" and up to the customer, but IMO it hurts the brand to put crappy parts on what is supposed to be a performance boat. The difference in parts is a matter of a couple of thousand dollars on a $100K boat, but they're willing to cheapen the product at the buyers request. As you mentioned, many baja owners are first time boaters. IMO it shouldn't even be an option to go cheap on things when 1) it's not really saving the Co. much money (in fact you could argue that it is costing them money through bad reputation), and 2) it makes you look bad.

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
they produced a good product that is a fair price for us.
This I can't argue with. I love their product for the price.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by greazyg
Well then I am sure you have heard this before then. "Take that $100k and invest it in this rock bottom real estate market."
For sho, for sho!
Although it is hard for those with an affinity for depreciateable assets to do sometimes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.