Notices

Painting Drives

Old 02-22-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about a motor that is not completely stripped to bare aluminum all over? If I use the PPG cleaner & then conditioner and then chromate primer and Awl Grip 2000 will it hold up on a 50mph boat?
Old 02-22-2010, 08:54 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Cleaner

Originally Posted by DLEWIS1340
What about a motor that is not completely stripped to bare aluminum all over? If I use the PPG cleaner & then conditioner and then chromate primer and Awl Grip 2000 will it hold up on a 50mph boat?
The cleaner and conditioner is for bare aluminum. So if you have bare spots use it there. If it's not bare, skip that step; sand as normal and then use Acryliclean before the primer. Yes, it will stand up pretty well to 50 MPH.

Driver - High's Fuel Your Journey Cigarette Racing Team #598
Old 02-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quicksilver Phantom Black is great for drives, but if its stripped down like you say, follow what these guys say and do the works. I shoot only PPG as well, no doubt it will last for many years to come!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

thinking of doing mine this year, thanks for asking the question.... send some pics of the finished product.