Notices

do you know this boat

Old 02-19-2010, 04:18 AM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Magic has been around since about 85 in one form or another. They went from independent to being owned by Sleekcraft. They started building the 29 Wizard in 93 I believe. They run around 62 mph with a 502 mag as a baseline for comparison. They are also known as a better flat water boat as they did/do have some handling quirks in bigger water. One being that they land tail heavy. Since you are in CO I dont imagine that is to much of an issue.

There is a VERY small part of my ever being damaged by alcohol brain, that thinks that Bob Teague used to race a 29 Wizard
Old 02-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I've never heard of Wizzard. It's a not a bad looking boat but considering that it's really an off brand I wouldn't pay anywhere near $55k for it. The fact that it has the least popular Merc engine of the last 10 years, I'd take off more. The fact that this least popular Merc engine has been modified to put out 700 hp, take off more.

In this economy I wouldn't pay anything over $40k for that boat and that is only after I had a good engine man go thru that modified 575 to make sure it checked out.

Times are tough out there, no reason to pay up for off-brand boats with modified engines.
magic and sleekcraft are pretty popular out west (where im at) and they have a pretty good reputation. with it being only 29ft and a single screw and being a long way away i wont be bouncing it around on the ocean. just cruising around the western lakes i would think it would be ok.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I bought a brand new midcabin Checkmate very similar to that one back in 2001. It was a nice combo of function and performance. Being nose heavy because of that bow section did gave it some unique handling characteristics . I sold it two years later in mint condition in a great economy and I still had to get pretty aggressive on price to move it.

Just saying, with a modified engine in this economy don't feel shy about low balling your offer.

Good Luck.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:06 AM
Registered

And BTW, that boat is only about 20 minutes from my house. I'd check it out for you but I"m in Florida until late March.

If you went me to look at it when I get back let me know.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I bought a brand new midcabin Checkmate very similar to that one back in 2001. It was a nice combo of function and performance. Being nose heavy because of that bow section did gave it some unique handling characteristics . I sold it two years later in mint condition in a great economy and I still had to get pretty aggressive on price to move it.

Just saying, with a modified engine in this economy don't feel shy about low balling your offer.

Good Luck.
Yeah, but your Check was a ragged out piece of $hit, not very well cared for!
Old 02-19-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magic is a decent brand but the Merc 575sc is a hanfull from what I've heard...
Old 02-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magic is a decent brand but the Merc 575sc is a handfull from what I've heard...
Old 02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
Registered

I saw a boat extremely similar to that one (possibly the same boat) in Dana Point Harbor last weekend. He was heading out as I was heading in.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Racerngr1
I saw a boat extremely similar to that one (possibly the same boat) in Dana Point Harbor last weekend. He was heading out as I was heading in.
probably not the same one, this one is in Indianna. Thx anyway, Tony
Old 02-23-2010, 07:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bathtub
Yeah, but your Check was a ragged out piece of $hit, not very well cared for!
If you don't change your attitude I WILL find someone else to tow my boat around for free. I've never liked the idea of all that horse hay blowing in my cockpit anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.