Like Tree0Likes

poof !

Reply
Old 02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
  #11
Registered
 
TSPM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ~ Long Island ~ NY
My Boats: PREMIER PERFORMANCE BOAT DEALERSHIP
Posts: 3,374
Default

Hmmmmm ........ lol

http://bigthink.com/ideas/18075
TSPM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:19 PM
  #12
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
And just to make things clear, I stand behind (literally) all my used vibrators. If you feel you got shafted in any way with one of my vibrators....... you got what you paid for
LMAO
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 03:33 PM
  #13
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lake Norman, NC
My Boats: 32' Skater
Posts: 389
Default

It sounds to me like yall are more pissed that he didnt take your advice than he is that the deal went bad..or not bad..or whatever.

1. If he gets screwed I think there is a obligation to let people know who the guy is so they dont have the same dealings.
2. If it doesnt go bad then no harm no foul.

Point is he started a thread asking for advice, you gave it, he didnt take it, now he is a "buster". Doesnt seem right.

Advice on OSO is something that should always be carefully considered seeing as how there is always some clown that just bought a boat and is an expert, or hitman, or collector for the mob or whatever.
apppedigree is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
  #14
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont
My Boats: Eclipse 233 sbc 383 dry piped
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown View Post
At the very least someone should come out and tone the thing down, or do some explaining. Heck, if I were the Seller at this point I would have outted myself and explained what was going on, as a means of preventative maintenance and damage control if it ever does come to light.

That said, the whole thing may have been bogus. It very much seemed like it was made up on the spot. At every turn the situation seemed to mimic exactly what the Buyer needed to support his cause, and at every turn the facts were revised to fit a better Buyer story (i.e. the lack of communication wasn't mentioned in the first post, but it became rampant in a revisionist manner by the 3rd page...).
Buster here. It absolutely was not bogous. I don't recall ever changing facts. I added facts as I went along to clarify. I actually did take advice from several members posting just not the advice some of you wanted me to take. The first piece of advice I took was to stay calm and try to work it out which is what happened. The second piece of advice I took was it might be time to delete the thread. I would love for the seller to out himself I made him aware of the thread. Since things were settled I don't think it's my place to out him.
Sunshadow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:16 PM
  #15
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
My Boats: 29 Kustom
Posts: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apppedigree View Post
It sounds to me like yall are more pissed that he didnt take your advice than he is that the deal went bad..or not bad..or whatever.

1. If he gets screwed I think there is a obligation to let people know who the guy is so they dont have the same dealings.
2. If it doesnt go bad then no harm no foul.

Point is he started a thread asking for advice, you gave it, he didnt take it, now he is a "buster". Doesnt seem right.

Advice on OSO is something that should always be carefully considered seeing as how there is always some clown that just bought a boat and is an expert, or hitman, or collector for the mob or whatever.
To be perfectly honest I'm not pissed....I just feel by not letting members know who is screwing him it puts others at the same risk.

Also...just the fact that he felt the need to ask the question "how long until you out another OSO member" means he already knew the answer.

He asked a question....he got the answer...he chose not to out him. Now if I get screwed by the same guy.....then I'll be pissed!
jdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
  #16
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont
My Boats: Eclipse 233 sbc 383 dry piped
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
To be perfectly honest I'm not pissed....I just feel by not letting members know who is screwing him it puts others at the same risk.

Also...just the fact that he felt the need to ask the question "how long until you out another OSO member" means he already knew the answer.

He asked a question....he got the answer...he chose not to out him. Now if I get screwed by the same guy.....then I'll be pissed!
Then you feel free to out him!
Sunshadow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:21 PM
  #17
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
My Boats: 29 Kustom
Posts: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Then you feel free to out him!
PM me his name....I ain't scared
jdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:38 PM
  #18
Registered
VIP Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: St Louis, MO / Table Rock
My Boats: 02 Advantage 30 Victory
Posts: 369
Smile

I agree! If someone has bad service. I would want to know. Why should someone else have to deal with the same bad experience someone had to already gone thru.

Aren't we one big happy family here that helps each other out!!
capt2130 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:54 PM
  #19
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
My Boats: 29 Kustom
Posts: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Buster here. It absolutely was not bogous. I don't recall ever changing facts. I added facts as I went along to clarify. I actually did take advice from several members posting just not the advice some of you wanted me to take. The first piece of advice I took was to stay calm and try to work it out which is what happened. The second piece of advice I took was it might be time to delete the thread. I would love for the seller to out himself I made him aware of the thread. Since things were settled I don't think it's my place to out him.
Look man, I'm glad you got it resolved...really....this hobby/sport is expensive enough as it is. To have somebody string you along or screw you over only adds to this expense.

You say you made the seller aware of the thread...do you think that had anything to do with the problem being solved?.....wait don't answer....a simple "thank you" to the OSO community will be fine
jdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:58 PM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lake Norman, NC
My Boats: 32' Skater
Posts: 389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
To be perfectly honest I'm not pissed....I just feel by not letting members know who is screwing him it puts others at the same risk.

Also...just the fact that he felt the need to ask the question "how long until you out another OSO member" means he already knew the answer.

He asked a question....he got the answer...he chose not to out him. Now if I get screwed by the same guy.....then I'll be pissed!
I agree with you there.
apppedigree is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.