Like Tree0Likes

poof !

Reply
Old 02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
  #21
Registered
 
blue thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
My Boats: 330 Carver 30' Scarab Panther 17' ProV Lund
Posts: 3,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Then you feel free to out him!
Sunshadow, one thing to know about OSO, particularly the GD area is it feeds on drama. I used to refer to GD as the Jerry Springer show. I've been here a long time and seen a lot. Don't let any of this rub you wrong, really. Its all good.

As for JDUB, well he 's a ho. A ho thats not been blueprinted

BT
blue thunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:23 PM
  #22
Registered
Trade Score: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: south jersey
My Boats: 29 Kustom
Posts: 1,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue thunder View Post
Sunshadow, one thing to know about OSO, particularly the GD area is it feeds on drama. I used to refer to GD as the Jerry Springer show. I've been here a long time and seen a lot. Don't let any of this rub you wrong, really. Its all good.

As for JDUB, well he 's a ho. A ho thats not been blueprinted

BT
It's funny you mention rubbing him....maybe you two can take that faulty vibrator of yours and console each other over your woes............who da ho now
jdub is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:42 PM
  #23
Registered
 
blue thunder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Pennsylvania
My Boats: 330 Carver 30' Scarab Panther 17' ProV Lund
Posts: 3,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
It's funny you mention rubbing him....maybe you two can take that faulty vibrator of yours and console each other over your woes............who da ho now
Ahh, no. Unless sunshadow has a ho, and I don't mean a chocolate flavored ho, well then I'm out. Phobic even. Thanks for the kind thought tho jdub.

I'm hunting a cheap 32-42' cruiser jdub. Know of any around the area?

Last edited by blue thunder; 02-26-2010 at 05:45 PM.
blue thunder is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
  #24
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
And just to make things clear, I stand behind (literally) all my used vibrators. If you feel you got shafted in any way with one of my vibrators....... you got what you paid for
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:50 PM
  #25
Member #154
Platinum Member
 
Indy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: SW CT & Long Island Sound
My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay
Posts: 6,759
Default

Just a few thoughts on this thread:
>Glad you got resolution.
>I think you posted this thread in part to get opinions and in part hoping he saw this and it motivated him to settle.
>I'm sure a few here seem to feel that they got used for your own benefit.
>The seller did not act with the interests of his client, but for his own benefit since he had no problem cashing the check.
>It's possible he was just going to screw you had you not pressed the issue on OSO which means that he has acted like this before and probably will again.
>Many here are upset that they won't know who to avoid in the future since you got the outcome you wanted.

Relationships on this board (at least in the old days) are strong from a community standpoint. We tend(ed) to look out for each other since this business seems to be permeated with scumbags with little or no integrity. The fact that we were quite possibly used has rankled a few feathers since one of the reasons we frequent or belong to sites like these are to look out for each other and lend a hand when necessary. Many have been outed before and the community is all the better for it, I know for a fact that it has saved many headaches and some real dirtbags have been exposed. Too bad this incident will remain between the two of you.
Indy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:59 PM
  #26
Registered
 
45sonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern VA
My Boats: '00 45 Sonic
Posts: 3,401
Default

Probably should have been put in the "Beware of " section but I do have to agree with most of the intelligent answers on here.
45sonic is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:07 PM
  #27
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex Junction, Vermont
My Boats: Eclipse 233 sbc 383 dry piped
Posts: 303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub View Post
Look man, I'm glad you got it resolved...really....this hobby/sport is expensive enough as it is. To have somebody string you along or screw you over only adds to this expense.

You say you made the seller aware of the thread...do you think that had anything to do with the problem being solved?.....wait don't answer....a simple "thank you" to the OSO community will be fine
Thanks Guys, I got a call from the seller about two minutes after I told him the thread was about him. Without a doubt I got action because of you.
Sunshadow is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
  #28
VIP Member
VIP Member
 
offshoredrillin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Maryland
My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'
Posts: 10,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Just a few thoughts on this thread:
>Glad you got resolution.
>I think you posted this thread in part to get opinions and in part hoping he saw this and it motivated him to settle.
>I'm sure a few here seem to feel that they got used for your own benefit.
>The seller did not act with the interests of his client, but for his own benefit since he had no problem cashing the check.
>It's possible he was just going to screw you had you not pressed the issue on OSO which means that he has acted like this before and probably will again.
>Many here are upset that they won't know who to avoid in the future since you got the outcome you wanted.

Relationships on this board (at least in the old days) are strong from a community standpoint. We tend(ed) to look out for each other since this business seems to be permeated with scumbags with little or no integrity. The fact that we were quite possibly used has rankled a few feathers since one of the reasons we frequent or belong to sites like these are to look out for each other and lend a hand when necessary. Many have been outed before and the community is all the better for it, I know for a fact that it has saved many headaches and some real dirtbags have been exposed. Too bad this incident will remain between the two of you.
What he said, however if the seller had a good reason, he can come on here and say his apologies or reason...Hey how about a seller rating or feedback system in the classifieds? like on ebay, giving anyone a chance to say how the transaction went, ie slow payer/slow shiper and such, might tend to keep people honest...suggestions?
offshoredrillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:42 PM
  #29
naplesimage.com
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
jayboat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: SWFloridaH2O
My Boats: Every One In Sight
Posts: 18,213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshadow View Post
Without a doubt I got action because of you.
The proper terminology, I believe, is: The power of OSO.

This thread has had a very reasoned feel to it. Even if the vibrators weren't new.
__________________
Roostertail does not lie.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
jayboat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 08:30 AM
  #30
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
TomFTM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Glen Cove ,NY 11542
My Boats: 37 Outerlimits,42 Searay,17 Boston Whaler
Posts: 2,058
Default

What were his excuses for not shipping the item in a timely matter? If it was said I missed it.
TomFTM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:58 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.