Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Buyers beware .....Same old story ! >

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Notices

Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Old 04-22-2002, 12:04 PM
Mik

I think you need to let Tyler and Grant work it out between themselves and you need to MYOB! It 's not your boat nor was it your money that paid the bill! Second hand stories are wrong and people should work out there differences themselves before they come on here (or in your case let their friends come on here) this isn't a place to trash someone's reputation for NO reason.

Old 04-22-2002, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Hey Mik,
Are you a new member,or a "regular" who doesn't want everyone to know your sticking up for your buddie?
Old 04-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not one to get in on these discussions but MIK you struck a nerve. The reason I come to this board is to learn about what is going on in HP boating. I am hoping to learn from other people. The good results, the bad & not making the same mistake they made. The title of this thread says it all "BUYER BEWARE" None of us knows what went down, who is right & who is wrong. I am assuming that the 2 will work it out. I agree that a call should have been made. I think both parties agree that NO calls were made. I know if it was me I would have called. Yes THIS TIME it was not my parts, my boat or my money. Next time it might be. After reading this thread would I do business with Tyler? Probably. I hear alot of good of Tyler.

Boot said he would delete this post after all the facts are aired. At this time I see no reason why he would not do so.
Old 04-22-2002, 01:18 PM
Mik

Turbojack I am not one to get on discussions either but after reading this after seeing all the hits I had to respond something which I never do. I just felt the person who owned the boat owed Tyler a phone call before he let someone loose on here without all the facts! Hopefully he will give Tyler a call and work it out that is the thing I know I would do. I would only resort to this if I couldn't resolve the issue with the guy and needed advise from others who may have been in the same boat one time or another!
As for doing business with Tyler would I? Yes I have and will continue to do so his rep goes without saying!

Old 04-22-2002, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Before this gets carried away I just want to set things straight .

Mik ,this is not second hand hand info .I DID IT , I CALLED TYLER TO BUY PARTS , I SET IT UP , THEN turned it over to Grant while I was there and part of the final conversation. I am not saying tyler is bad . I am saying what was ordered and priced out didn't show up . Something else did with a different price .

If you ordered a Porche and received a honda for the same price with no explanation ,what would you think ? Maybe the seller and/or shipper would call first and let you know that ?

We are all here to know all there is to know about boating .GOOD OR BAD . Thats the facts .

The fact is Tyler called Grant and has agreed to work things out .

WHat ever the reason that the parts were wrong and not priced as represented doesen't matter . The fact is they were . We all get bussy and forget things or overlook things . We all make mistakes !
This board is great because the truth always comes out ! Some times we learn some people on here are bad people and some times we learn some buisness owners are bad .( And NO that was NOT a crack at Tyler ) I mean in general .

I would just like to say that something went wrong and Tyler has agreed to make it right . I think Tyler did a great thing by agreeing to fix the problem . Of course we all get bent out of shape when things like this do happen and maybe we should . But as long as it gets worked out , I geuss thats all that matters . Aside from a few extra weeks of missed boating thats all .

Thanks Tyler for helping this get resolved .

When it is , I will post again and and praise tyler for it .

JOE
Old 04-22-2002, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

As always Too Old,You hit the nail on the head!! And Boot I know how you feel......You set this up for youre Buddie,so you feel kinda responsible. Hope this all gets worked out and I gotta believe posting to this board has helped it get worked out.With this many members i think maybe we have a little "pull" with retailers !!!! {thank OSO!} I will continue watching this thread for the outcome.
Old 04-22-2002, 05:06 PM
Registered

Tyler's local here, and he's done alot of peoples boat's that I know, and the only complaint I've heard is the problem we all have, if you do 70, you want 80, if you do 80, you want 90, never anything from Tyler, he's as straight up as they come. We shared floor space wih him at a cobo boat show a few years ago, and I met a ton of his customers and they all praised his work, and his straight up personallity. He's done blower motors for customers orders, and sold parts to friends of mine on many occasions. I know if ever I need anything he's the first person I'd call, and probably the only person I'd call. If something isn't right, he takes care of it, he's how I wish most places were. I see your concern boot, I'd be concerned too, but this board isn't the place, not that quickly, It would have been a much better story to hear how tyler came thru after a mixup.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

I think what BOOT did was 100% correct. What better way to get quick results. Lets face it mistakes were made but they were made not in error but in full knowledge of making them. Yes TYLER may be correcting his mistakes as he should but they should not have been made in the first place. Just another example of a company learning about the vast negative advertizing the internet can be.
Old 04-22-2002, 08:44 PM
Registered

And the saga continues...
Old 04-24-2002, 05:15 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just an update and thank you ......

Received a check from Tyler on partial reembersment on shipping .

One quesion though . Called Nickerson about those carbs and he said they are ----- 7 years old -------- Guess thats why they look like they do .

Thanks ,JOE

Quick Reply: Buyers beware .....Same old story !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.