Like Tree0Likes

Desert Storm 2010

Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

My Boats: Challenger Offshore 2004 28DDC

Thanks thisistank for the info. And yes I will be entering the poker run. Me and my brother are going to run it. Dont know many people out west here, so if you see me please give me a hollar. I am from IL but am working in Fallon, NV all summer so I am getting my boat out for this run and will probably be boating Lake Tahoe most of the summer. Here is a pic of my boat so people can hollar at me. Always looking to meet new people. Man I love this hobby.
Attached Thumbnails
Desert Storm 2010-lake-ozarks-2009-4th-july-vacation-009.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 12:26 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2003 Eliminator Daytona 26'

I've only been to havasu once, but it was a blast. This will also be my first poker run can't wait. They are right pirates cove is a long way from the action plus it's pretty tricky getting up and down the river. I would recomend following someone the first couple of times. You won't be disopointed at least I wasn't. I'll look for you while were there.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (4)

My Boats: DCB F-32

How long approximately to tow from St.Louis to Havasu. I've always wanted to go. Trying to figure out how many spare trailer tires and ounces of caffeine.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYElimEagle View Post
How long approximately to tow from St.Louis to Havasu. I've always wanted to go. Trying to figure out how many spare trailer tires and ounces of caffeine.
I think it is about 17 or 1800 miles. I need to mapquest it since I will be making the drive. Hopefully I won't need any extra tires. I just put all new tires on last summer. I will definitely need the caffeine though. LOL
Old 03-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Registered

Glad to hear your Excitement, this really is a Great event !!... When towing your boat that many miles you really should have a couple of spare tires for sure ...

Have a safe drive and we'll see you in April !!..
Old 03-08-2010, 09:56 PM
Registered

My Boats: Making the best in the industry BETTER for over 25 years...... Lip-Ship Performance 305-933-9988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therapy Session View Post
Thanks thisistank for the info. And yes I will be entering the poker run. Me and my brother are going to run it. Dont know many people out west here, so if you see me please give me a hollar. I am from IL but am working in Fallon, NV all summer so I am getting my boat out for this run and will probably be boating Lake Tahoe most of the summer. Here is a pic of my boat so people can hollar at me. Always looking to meet new people. Man I love this hobby.
All good brother. I'll keep an eye out. We're staying at The London Bridge Resort in the channel so keep an eye out for us too (here's a pic of our boat). See you out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Desert Storm 2010-tankhavasu.jpg  
Old 03-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered

I haven't been able to find a breakdown of the classes for the shootout. Does anyone know how the classes will be seperated, in particular the Vees. Thanks
Eddie
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM
Registered

Eddie are you coming to desert storm? Poolshrk
Old 03-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Registered

Yes, I believe I am. I have a customer that wants me to run his boat in the shootout.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Registered

Its official now, just entered and paid for the poker run on their website. I have done the Emerald Coast Poker Run, Lake Cumberland Poker Run, so I am looking forward to see how this one compares.