Like Tree0Likes

GPS Speedometer Question

Reply
Old 03-08-2010, 07:21 AM
  #11
Registered
 
copiercat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: nokomis florida
My Boats: 22 Talon 300 XS,97 Ocean Express 33 Super Sport/ 04 STV Euro / 30 ft Pro Line sport fishermen-21 Shadow 300 XS-24 ft Party Barge
Posts: 404
Default from Scream and fly

GPS Antenna ONLY $104.95
I have 3 Livorsi GPS antennas with dead batterys. I replaced batteries and they still don't work. I called Livorsi and they said they are no longer replacing batteries and re programing. They will give $30.00 toward a exchange. So it would only cost $169.00 exchange plus shipping. They recommended buying there new one without batteries for $269.00 exchange.

I found a Garmin antenna for $104.95 and it works great. Its larger but can be mounted under the deck. It can mount flush or on a pole. It needs a 1/2" hole if mounting through deck. It has a nice plug that plugs into the antenna and 30' of cable. Here is the link. http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oem-17...nmea-0183.html There are some extra wirers you don't use. Red to Ign power, black and orange to ground and gray to pickup. It takes about 30 seconds to find signal when turning on ign. There may also be some less expensive ones out there. Hope this helps.
__________________
copiercat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:55 AM
  #12
rws
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
rws's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Toledo Ohio Eubank Ky
My Boats: Python
Posts: 562
Default

I replaced my battery last spring (i had the local battery shop attach the metal strips to it) and it died again after two months. Im considering a small voltage regulator the reduce the boats 12 dc down to 3 volt it would only be powered when key is on .The cost would be like 20$.
Can anyone tell me the downside of this other than loosing the telltale memory?

Thanks
Rob

Last edited by rws; 03-11-2010 at 07:27 AM.
rws is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
  #13
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tkach View Post
glh,i wonder witch cost more,the battery or the upper seal on a 6 drive,OUCH.
It's all in the timing... Ouch indeed!
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:19 PM
  #14
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default

Thanks for the replies everyone (except my good friend GL). I'm gonna try getting that battery out this weekend.
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:07 PM
  #15
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
GLH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Burlington, VT
My Boats: Azimut
Posts: 15,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Thanks for the replies everyone (except my good friend GL). I'm gonna try getting that battery out this weekend.
I'm trying to save you money ... Once you see how slow you are that 42 MTI with 1350's is not going to be any bargain my friend...
GLH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:32 PM
  #16
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Thread Starter
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
My Boats: None, but paid for one! Beware of Frisini / Sonic / Arrow Powerboats
Posts: 2,910
Default

So before I attempt to take the cover off the puck this weekend is there any tricks I need to be aware of to get it apart?
Chuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
  #17
Registered
 
Macklin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Virginia Beach
My Boats: 36 Concept w/ Merc 250 EFI Smokers
Posts: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
So before I attempt to take the cover off the puck this weekend is there any tricks I need to be aware of to get it apart?
TTT. I took mine out last weekend and have the same question.

Also, I tried a search and can't find the thread that has info on the battery number. Plan to hit a Batteries Plus store this weekend. Anyone have this written down...or memorized.

Thanks!
Macklin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM
  #18
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,883
Default

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...uestion-4.html
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 PM
  #19
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,883
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by copiercat View Post
GPS Antenna ONLY $104.95
I have 3 Livorsi GPS antennas with dead batterys. I replaced batteries and they still don't work. I called Livorsi and they said they are no longer replacing batteries and re programing. They will give $30.00 toward a exchange. So it would only cost $169.00 exchange plus shipping. They recommended buying there new one without batteries for $269.00 exchange.

I found a Garmin antenna for $104.95 and it works great. Its larger but can be mounted under the deck. It can mount flush or on a pole. It needs a 1/2" hole if mounting through deck. It has a nice plug that plugs into the antenna and 30' of cable. Here is the link. http://www.gpscity.com/garmin-oem-17...nmea-0183.html There are some extra wirers you don't use. Red to Ign power, black and orange to ground and gray to pickup. It takes about 30 seconds to find signal when turning on ign. There may also be some less expensive ones out there. Hope this helps.
__________________
I can't find the GPS antenna you are talking about. Do you have a model number?

Do they still have them?

Last edited by Wildman_grafix; 03-29-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
  #20
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Merritt Island, FL
Posts: 3,883
Default

Tttt
Wildman_grafix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.