Like Tree1Likes

GPS speedo question

Reply
Old 05-27-2009, 03:26 PM
  #31
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MO
Posts: 401
Default

Does anyone know what 3v battery the antennae takes? I think there are numbers on the back of those batteries. the boat is at loto and I would like to have this battery with me so I can change it. Or does anyone know of a battery store at LOTO.
the bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
  #32
Gold Member
Gold Member
 
Dave M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: LaPlata, MD, USA
My Boats: 2017 30 Concept, 300 Verados
Posts: 5,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the bear View Post
Does anyone know what 3v battery the antennae takes? I think there are numbers on the back of those batteries. the boat is at loto and I would like to have this battery with me so I can change it. Or does anyone know of a battery store at LOTO.
If you already have a GPS, rig the speedo to the GPS. I wouldn't waste my time or money fixing the antenna.
Dave M is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 07:49 AM
  #33
Registered
Thread Starter
 
SeaDated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
My Boats: 2004 38 Fountain Lightning
Posts: 853
Default

I finally got my antenna back and I am not sure what was wrong. The work order simply said, "tested, failed, repaired." 75 bucks please. Oh well at least it's working now.

the bear

I have the battery number at home so I'll look and get back to you.
SeaDated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:56 AM
  #34
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MO
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave M View Post
If you already have a GPS, rig the speedo to the GPS. I wouldn't waste my time or money fixing the antenna.

I dont have the GPS, Now I wish I did.
the bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:56 AM
  #35
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MO
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDated View Post
I finally got my antenna back and I am not sure what was wrong. The work order simply said, "tested, failed, repaired." 75 bucks please. Oh well at least it's working now.

the bear

I have the battery number at home so I'll look and get back to you.
Thanks!
the bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:33 PM
  #36
Registered
Thread Starter
 
SeaDated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
My Boats: 2004 38 Fountain Lightning
Posts: 853
Default

the bear

The battery that was in mine was a Panasonic CR 1632
SeaDated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:15 AM
  #37
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: MO
Posts: 401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDated View Post
the bear

The battery that was in mine was a Panasonic CR 1632
Thanks!
the bear is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:16 AM
  #38
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
My Boats: 03 Warlock 31SXT
Posts: 237
Default

Following up on this thread, thought I would share my experience. No warning, went out to test some new prop work from BBlades today only to find the Speedo pegged at 55 MPH. Pissed off the remainder of the day, I stumbled onto this thread the next morning. the pictures below are from the Monday morning operation. The small Panasonic battery is soldered in and mounting tabs appear to block any additional information. Can anyone verify the CR 1632 number SeaDated posted?







Naughty Kitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
  #39
Registered
Thread Starter
 
SeaDated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Kennesaw, GA, USA
My Boats: 2004 38 Fountain Lightning
Posts: 853
Talking

I can. It's a CR 1632. LOL. I got a new battery from Radio Shack
SeaDated is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
  #40
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Crystal Lake, IL
My Boats: 03 Warlock 31SXT
Posts: 237
Default

Yeah, i pulled the mounting clips and there was the number...thanks SD

Naughty Kitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.