Notices

Supercharged Ilmors

Old 03-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

I met a guy at the Nahville Music City Poker run who was running a set up "beefed up" first generation 625's. A place called Proline Race Engines in Georgia had rebuilt his V-10's to put out around 750HP. I think he paid around $12K per side to do it. If I remember correctly his 32 Skater went from around 110 MPH with the stock Ilmors to 128 MPH, and he was still tweeking.

At the time I spoke with him he had put the better part of a season on them and felt they were as reliable as stock, but of course only time will tell.

Here's a video of his boat. He's a member of the MCPA and they have a forum right here on OSO. He's a well known person around Old Hickory Lake in Nashville and I'm sure his fellow MCPA members in that forum will know how his engines are holding up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLA1_3HKKEc
Old 03-18-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JonMangual
These motors were bought brand new and custom painted from Ilmor. They were awesome motors...sound, performance, and styling. They turned heads and hurt feelings!

I only used this boat for Poker Runs and a few times a year on my local lake. I am unaware of an hour meter for the motors, but I will check with Ian to see if he has got something in place on these to tell. I keep a log of boat use, oil changes, prop and gear testing, Poker Runs, etc... 200hrs. is pretty close if not dead on. Most of our boating is normally done on the family pontoon because of young children and all of the space we require.
Poker Runs can be tough on engines. I PR w/ my boat as well but not sure that any manufacturer would make claims of 300-400 hrs including any & all PR abuse.

Isn't Jon's boat an Adrenaline??
Old 03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are the pictures you asked for. I have had a lot of performance boats and I love this setup with these motors the most. Unfortunately my motors are out of warranty due to time since I rarely have this boat out.

Jonathan

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I personally would not be pleased with 200 hours, but only Jon knows how they were driven. Ive never heard of one "letting go" but maybe jon had a prop leave the water under load- Jon?

If this were expected Ilmor would go broke honoring their 2 year warranty.

Ive heard of one other 710 having an issue that was replaced. (southocg's)

Jon-can you post a pict of your ride for us?
I havent seen you on the ilmor threads in this or other sites.

UD

PS: nice Pizza Jass.. its hard to make a great pizza.......
Attached Thumbnails Supercharged Ilmors-motors-1.bmp   Supercharged Ilmors-adrenaline-1.bmp   Supercharged Ilmors-adrenaline-2.bmp  

Supercharged Ilmors-motors-2.bmp  
Old 03-19-2010, 12:17 AM
Registered

It's12:15 pm and that pizza looks really good 'bout now!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:28 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

don't forget the beer...well...now...bloody mary works well, it's 5'Oclock somewhere...
Attached Thumbnails Supercharged Ilmors-jeffs-pissa-001.jpg  
Old 03-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here are the pictures you asked for. I have had a lot of performance boats and I love this setup with these motors the most. Unfortunately my motors are out of warranty due to time since I rarely have this boat out.

Jonathan
Sweet, rig! You guys with wicked twins 40 footers and cats are my idols, I can only afford a 28 with a single. (and I make a grip of cash)

I did some reading of your posts and I found a "I dont want my name associated with adrenaline" line.

was that a misread? What happened?

Uncle Dave
Old 03-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

No that was not a misread. Have you heard of Mike Layton?

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
Sweet, rig! You guys with wicked twins 40 footers and cats are my idols, I can only afford a 28 with a single. (and I make a grip of cash)

I did some reading of your posts and I found a "I dont want my name associated with adrenaline" line.

was that a misread? What happened?

Uncle Dave
Old 03-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Registered

Thank you for the response...I know the Proline guys and they are only 20 minutes away from my house. I visited their shop and was pretty impressed, but they do not have any experience with supercharging Ilmors. I wanted to see if someone out there had done this and what the results were.

Originally Posted by Marginmn
I met a guy at the Nahville Music City Poker run who was running a set up "beefed up" first generation 625's. A place called Proline Race Engines in Georgia had rebuilt his V-10's to put out around 750HP. I think he paid around $12K per side to do it. If I remember correctly his 32 Skater went from around 110 MPH with the stock Ilmors to 128 MPH, and he was still tweeking.

At the time I spoke with him he had put the better part of a season on them and felt they were as reliable as stock, but of course only time will tell.

Here's a video of his boat. He's a member of the MCPA and they have a forum right here on OSO. He's a well known person around Old Hickory Lake in Nashville and I'm sure his fellow MCPA members in that forum will know how his engines are holding up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLA1_3HKKEc
Old 03-19-2010, 11:40 PM
Registered

No that was not a misread. Have you heard of Mike Layton?
No.

Dont know the dude, never heard of him.

UD
Old 03-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Registered

I traced your posts and read the guys letter he put up on the adrenaline website - and your response.

I Cant seem to find specifically what happened.

Obviously you bought a *****in boat and someone got paid, so its feeling like the guy fell short somewhere.

You seem to be taking a high road which is commendable.

Im super lucky I have an awesome relationship with my pet builder, Im almost family.

UD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.