Like Tree0Likes

Lake George

Old 03-23-2010, 05:15 AM
Registered

My Boats: Donzi Criterion SS, X-18 , 16 OB, Z-235, F-14, Magnum Missile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Drew View Post
My taxes in Huntington are 27k but lets not get into a pissing match you have your rules they don't make power boaters welcome Lake George is not Long Island end of story I wil visit but by no means with a boat or trailer or bike or motor home or?never mind I'll pass
Actually, the LG RV park is one of the nicest facilities I have been to.. I will stay there again this year when I head up. Just not sure I will bring a boat..

Some valid points here on both sides. The lake is spectacular, the scenery second to none, the docking facilities poor, the noise / police hassles not worth it. The point about speedboats ripping past the water trampoline is weak, a bayliner at 25 can be driven just as stupidly, don't be one of those folks that says only the speedboaters don't know the rules.

LG depends on tourism. No one is asking them to kiss their rosy red, but they should realize that not all boats from less restrictive places will pass their stringent, unevenly applied laws, and note that the pass is a temp one and allow a REASONABLE margin of error for a short period of time so visitors can enjoy the lake. Am I saying the guy with dry pipes and 2,985,475 hp engines and no mufflers should be allowed to run rampant? No way. But the guy who is marginally over the limit should be allowed to run his boat in a safe and responsible manner for a few days without a hassle.

FF, I pinged my buddy an email, we may take ya up on that IF he decides to bring his boat back again.. We were over by one Db according to the leo who couldn't figure out how to do the test properly..
Old 03-23-2010, 08:01 AM
Registered

My Boats: 38' fountain lightning whippled 540's, 27" fountain canopy "king of shaves" rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
Good call, see ya on the water
Just wondering, is there a spec sheet on how to conduct the decible test properly?

Also, i was over to your shop last june (09). i had a small ignition issue. The switch kept flipping. You guys really went out of your way to help me get it figured out. You fixed the proplem and saved my weekend.

looking forward to this summer.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Fast Boats , Fast Cars

Zone 5 I do not have a baja, So sorry if the rules up up there blow, I guess if you are into sail boats it's all good!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

My Boats: 38' fountain lightning whippled 540's, 27" fountain canopy "king of shaves" rc

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja27 View Post
Zone 5 I do not have a baja, So sorry if the rules up up there blow, I guess if you are into sail boats it's all good!
WHAT?
Old 03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Driver-441
Racer

My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Actually, the LG RV park is one of the nicest facilities I have been to.. I will stay there again this year when I head up. Just not sure I will bring a boat..

Some valid points here on both sides. The lake is spectacular, the scenery second to none, the docking facilities poor, the noise / police hassles not worth it. The point about speedboats ripping past the water trampoline is weak, a bayliner at 25 can be driven just as stupidly, don't be one of those folks that says only the speedboaters don't know the rules.

LG depends on tourism. No one is asking them to kiss their rosy red, but they should realize that not all boats from less restrictive places will pass their stringent, unevenly applied laws, and note that the pass is a temp one and allow a REASONABLE margin of error for a short period of time so visitors can enjoy the lake. Am I saying the guy with dry pipes and 2,985,475 hp engines and no mufflers should be allowed to run rampant? No way. But the guy who is marginally over the limit should be allowed to run his boat in a safe and responsible manner for a few days without a hassle.

FF, I pinged my buddy an email, we may take ya up on that IF he decides to bring his boat back again.. We were over by one Db according to the leo who couldn't figure out how to do the test properly..
If you were over by that small of an amount Id bet you will pass fine.
Newfountainguy, glad we could help, We will test it for you just set up an appoitment.
Johnny
Old 03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja27 View Post
Zone 5 I do not have a baja, So sorry if the rules up up there blow,
Only assumtion I could make, as you didn't state differently, and your user name is pretty straightforward.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:52 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfountainguy View Post
Just wondering, is there a spec sheet on how to conduct the decible test properly?
Yes, its an SAE standard test. There is a lot you have to do to get it right, including measuring background noise. Its no where near as simple as point the dB meter at the exhaust and saying thats what the boat is.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Registered

links about NY state regs, lake george regs and the standard for testing

note the regs in lk geo are more stringent than the state

http://www.nyss.com/NYS.html#p45AAAA

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us/rules_re...2.html#646-2.8

the standard is sae j1970

http://www.pwia.org/studies/facts/soundscape.aspx

Last edited by mattyboy; 03-23-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:10 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: Azimut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyboy View Post
links about NY state regs, lake george regs and the standard for testing

note the regs in lk geo are more stringent than the state

http://www.nyss.com/NYS.html#p45AAAA

http://www.lgpc.state.ny.us/rules_re...2.html#646-2.8

the standard is sae j1970

http://www.pwia.org/studies/facts/soundscape.aspx
The clearest thing is says is dunk in Lake Champlain if you want to go over 30 MPH.....
Old 03-24-2010, 03:36 AM
Registered

Isnt there a sea monster in Lake Champlain?