Like Tree0Likes

46' Black Thunder, first performance boat?

Reply
Old 04-01-2010, 12:17 AM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: LOTO
Posts: 1,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LapseofReason View Post
I wouldn't leave any performance boat in the water longer than a week, get a lift for it. If not and you are going to paint the bottom get a boat you want to have forever because you will never be able to sell it for a 1/4 of what you payed in a few years. Sorry for the hate but perfomance boats left in the water don't do well.
X2 Don't leave that thing in the water. You might as well buy a pontoon.
redbud35 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:15 AM
  #22
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Hedgehog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Willow Springs, IL
Posts: 20
Default

Tough to do here in Chicago without towing...I am not aware of any rack in/out storage in or around the city.

I know it is not ideal to keep in the water, but towing a boat (much less a big one) in our congested city isn't exactly what I had in mind, given the frequency of desired use. Maybe a lift/cushion is the best option.

kvschoolboard-nice going--that sounds like a great deal!

I have seen pictures of the 40' and 50' Hustlers, but have never been on one. I like the Fiore, but they do not seem to come around very often.
Hedgehog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the jungle
My Boats: SUPERBOAT 30 BLACK THUNDER 46EC 60ft BLUEWATER
Posts: 406
Default

Go with the 46 EC. Looks better the 43 has a longer nose a swim deck. I have slipped of the back and hit only water. Big savings on a doctor bill. Mines a 2001 46EC handles fine. only thing is a cross wind and people walking around when under way. She will lean a little. Its a deep V and tall. What boat doesnt. My 30 ft Superboat does the same. You just have to drive and enjoy. Only problem i have is finding a place to park when on a road trip. You dont want to leave it in a walmart lot.. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. You dont want to have a guy sitting next to you. Looks kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby

Last edited by BDARCHER; 04-01-2010 at 11:22 AM.
BDARCHER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
  #24
Registered
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: LOTO Performance Boat Center
My Boats: Fixing yours
Posts: 3,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Tough to do here in Chicago without towing...I am not aware of any rack in/out storage in or around the city.

I know it is not ideal to keep in the water, but towing a boat (much less a big one) in our congested city isn't exactly what I had in mind, given the frequency of desired use. Maybe a lift/cushion is the best option.

kvschoolboard-nice going--that sounds like a great deal!

I have seen pictures of the 40' and 50' Hustlers, but have never been on one. I like the Fiore, but they do not seem to come around very often.
Don't leave that boat in the water. You can put a lift in at Hammond marine in Northwest Indiana. There are also a couple places on Cal sag that do in and out service!
Magic Medicine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:23 PM
  #25
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lees Summit ~ LOTO 10MM
My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
Go with the 46 EC. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. I LOVE having a guy sitting next to me, but I Look kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby
endeavor1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 03:31 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: the jungle
My Boats: SUPERBOAT 30 BLACK THUNDER 46EC 60ft BLUEWATER
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
It is getting kinda gay here.
BDARCHER is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:55 PM
  #27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 40
Default

I am doing a 2010 46SC, Bob the owner has done quite a few things from the normal set up, we moved the bulkhead 7 inches forward to accomodate a staggered setup so we had some room in front of the forward engine, moved the generator from the oposite side, moved batteries, mounting of trim and drive actuators, throttle position as well as gas tanks and piping. to name a few.

Aslo painted the engine room to match the outside graphics.

Very accomodating. If you don't ask the question , you quess at the answer.

Takeing our motors down next week to start engine room rigging
Spiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
  #28
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lees Summit ~ LOTO 10MM
My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder
Posts: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiker View Post
I am doing a 2010 46SC, Bob the owner has done quite a few things from the normal set up, we moved the bulkhead 7 inches forward to accomodate a staggered setup so we had some room in front of the forward engine, moved the generator from the oposite side, moved batteries, mounting of trim and drive actuators, throttle position as well as gas tanks and piping. to name a few.

Aslo painted the engine room to match the outside graphics.

Very accomodating. If you don't ask the question , you quess at the answer.

Takeing our motors down next week to start engine room rigging
so you can go

Last edited by endeavor1; 04-01-2010 at 05:35 PM.
endeavor1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM
  #29
Registered
 
LapseofReason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Stafford Va.
My Boats: 98 NORTECH 5000V
Posts: 2,806
Default

If you just rent a slip and they dont want a lift in it put a Jet Dock in. My buddy had a 46 BT in a slip on one, it worked great you just need a min. of 6 feet deep. When you move un tie it and move it.
LapseofReason is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 10:50 PM
  #30
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Detroit, MI / Miami, FL
Posts: 330
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDARCHER View Post
Go with the 46 EC. Looks better the 43 has a longer nose a swim deck. I have slipped of the back and hit only water. Big savings on a doctor bill. Mines a 2001 46EC handles fine. only thing is a cross wind and people walking around when under way. She will lean a little. Its a deep V and tall. What boat doesnt. My 30 ft Superboat does the same. You just have to drive and enjoy. Only problem i have is finding a place to park when on a road trip. You dont want to leave it in a walmart lot.. Shes 9ft6 wide the extra seat to the far far left is a big plus. You dont want to have a guy sitting next to you. Looks kinda gay. THIS PLACE IS SLOW CANT EVEN UPLOAD A PIC FOR YA Bobby
What kind of tow/hauling/rig set-up do you have??? I plan to start towing same boat this year...Are there any special nuances or recomendations for towing a 46 BT??? BTW...How much does tboth the trailer and boat weigh?? And do you need a CDL and special permits to tow???

Thank,

Divenstar
divenstar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.