Notices

SPY PICS!!!! Skater 40LS

Old 04-09-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
I like it. Can the top be taken off for pleasure use? I've been waiting for someone to make something with a removable top for different uses. Very cool design.
Gino Skater Brother ,,huumm
I love the hold concept and the fact that Peter will design and build what ever your taste and pocket book can handle!!!
I like that the owner has his own taste,,just like many people have recommened a complete deck and windshield change on my hull!! The first time I saw a Skater with a F16 Canopys and the classic deck the hull looked like it was running 200 on the trailor!!
I like the race look over pleasure but would never knock a design I didn't like.Ask Tiger a little difference is nice!!
Great job Pete and crew on keeping it fresh.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks like there trying to make it more like a Nortech. Perhaps more useable for day trips. Needs more refinement.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to me nortechs have always had the best lines, along with the cut down mtis and skaters.

The deck on this boat is truly awesome. I wonder how much weight is added on this model?

I bet this thing screaming by at 160 will be truly awesome.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by baja27
Looks like there trying to make it more like a Nortech. Perhaps more useable for day trips. Needs more refinement.
OK, follow the bouncing ball...............Skater is not trying to make it like any body's else's boat. this is the only one that you don't have to jump through a hole to get into, it opens up and you walk in and set down and close the top. Not another one like it..........yet.

Last edited by blume; 04-09-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by masher44
to me nortechs have always had the best lines, along with the cut down mtis and skaters.

The deck on this boat is truly awesome. I wonder how much weight is added on this model?

I bet this thing screaming by at 160 will be truly awesome.
I think it's about 1400lb's more than a regular 40SS.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by HotPursuit
Gino Skater Brother ,,huumm
I love the hold concept and the fact that Peter will design and build what ever your taste and pocket book can handle!!!
I like that the owner has his own taste,,just like many people have recommened a complete deck and windshield change on my hull!! The first time I saw a Skater with a F16 Canopys and the classic deck the hull looked like it was running 200 on the trailor!!
I like the race look over pleasure but would never knock a design I didn't like.Ask Tiger a little difference is nice!!
Great job Pete and crew on keeping it fresh.
Gino's got the fastest pleasure boat in the world, Why would he want anything else????
Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by baja27

Correct ..I agree...it would have been nice if Peter got with Nils and said.. hey..Nils, can you help me design a deck for this model..I want to go out of the box and make it stylish in a good way..but not resemble a NT in any way...kind of like Cig had Skater lay up a few of their boats...why not work together..or maybe it's not done that way.?????
Skater builds awesome running boats (one of the finest) and they look good with the simple flowing decks that they have...They run well due to their design and hydrodynamics....and yes..bottom tweeks through out the years.

BLUME..I know you are calling that a 40.. is that boat a modified 388. Sure looks like it..
Old 04-09-2010, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thumbs up 40ss

Originally Posted by Jassman
Correct ..I agree...it would have been nice if Peter got with Nils and said.. hey..Nils, can you help me design a deck for this model..I want to go out of the box and make it stylish in a good way..but not resemble a NT in any way...kind of like Cig had Skater lay up a few of their boats...why not work together..or maybe it's not done that way.?????
Skater builds awesome running boats (one of the finest) and they look good with the simple flowing decks that they have...They run well due to their design and hydrodynamics....and yes..bottom tweeks through out the years.

BLUME..I know you are calling that a 40.. is that boat a modified 388. Sure looks like it..
It's a 40ss, just like Teague's family cruiser. Total length with the bustle is about 44'.

http://www.skaterpowerboats.com/skater40ssrp.html
Old 04-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
I think its a cool design but I'm not crazy about the wood trim/dash.
I haven't made up my mind on the dash, I LOVE the floors. Nice to see something different, if I was going to put that much $ in a boat I want it to be the only 1.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Another great boat, looks great. Only the fortunate few can own such a boat. I like the wood, it gives the boat a sense of style and class, and it is not like every one else (catamarans and V-bottoms) out there on the water. Looks very upscale. I prefer the open top, but definitely see the merits of the hard top.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.