Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Sail boaters vs. Power boaters... >

Sail boaters vs. Power boaters...

Notices

Sail boaters vs. Power boaters...

Old 04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts
Default Sail boaters vs. Power boaters...

Never ceases to amaze me the disdain shown by sail boaters towards power boaters. Comical at times and down right irritating at others…

http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/
Old 04-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TANK......I flip you off everytime I see you! Nice blog entry!
Old 04-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
TANK......I flip you off everytime I see you! Nice blog entry!
You're just telling me I'm #1!!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Never ceases to amaze me the disdain shown by sail boaters towards power boaters. Comical at times and down right irritating at others…

http://www.powerboatmagazine.com/tank-sears-blog/
Ha I had the same type of conversation with a sail boater, during a party, we start talking boats, there were a few tell tale comments that gave me that akward feel that I had engaged a love for boating with a sail boater,and at this point I couldnt back out, as we had drawn a crowd of like minded boaters who mostly were sailboaters as well, they all ganged up at once and said I love sailing,,, what type of boating do you enjoy?? So i just grinned and said I love sailing too,, Every once in a while I blast of a wave at 80mph,, and sail through the air for about five to ten seconds, and I love it..... I got cricketss??? and with out missing a beat they turned their backs on me aand started talking amongst themselves about sailing.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just read your blog about the Kilo speed record. Who else besides Cig and OL could mount a credible attempt? Laveycraft's 39 has run almost 110 with Merc 700s. With 1500s they should be able to get close if the bottom will let them.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What about Statement? All the poker run attandance, and the exposure, they get from it, think what even an attempt for a record would do for them.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tank it is the noise. No one likes it except for us. Heck even most of our wives would rather they be quiet. The sooner WE realize it the better our chances of no new laws. They think that we are imposing ourselves in on a larger group (people that do not like power boats is much larger then those of us that do) and that is not fair.

Plus you were in Bucks, what the heck do you expect? Freeking homo.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:34 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Amazing the gall of some people. was with my daughter a couple years ago, going by a sailboat in the south river, she waves to everyone, she waved first and he flipped her the bird.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I remember about 10 - 15 years ago just like it was yesterday, I was on Lake St. Clair and pulling into Jefferson Beach Marina. There was a 40 ft. sailboat coming out of the Marina and a 48Ft. Ocean Marine Cat pulling into the Marina in front of me. All of a sudden the Captain of the sailboat, started yelling and scream at the Offshore like a loonie for no reason other then he didn't like the noise of the engines of the Offshore. I couldn't believe what I was seeing and hearing and from that point on I have little respect for sail boaters. They talk about the noise of Offshores but how about their rigging in the Marina at night when you are trying to sleep and it is windy, all you hear is the clanking of there rigging hitting the mast all night. All it shows, is what dinks they really are.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
They talk about the noise of Offshores but how about their rigging in the Marina at night when you are trying to sleep and it is windy, all you hear is the clanking of there rigging hitting the mast all night. All it shows, is what dinks they really are.
i chatted with a sail boater last season about his rigging not clanging and banging like so many others do. and he told me it only takes a little time to fix that. so they like to pizz with us to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.