Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can you remember your first boating question on OSO? >

Can you remember your first boating question on OSO?

Notices

Can you remember your first boating question on OSO?

Old 04-26-2010, 08:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first question was about the frame arrestor hiss on a 496. Hard to believe that was almost 8 years ago.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 AM
Registered

Mine $ was about Pantera resale value given the lawsuits (still unpaid) and recent death during a demo run. It never did get answered but set off a $hit$torm. I then traded the boat for about 1/5 of what it cost after only having it for 2 years.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:16 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Mine $ was about Pantera resale value given the lawsuits (still unpaid) and recent death during a demo run. It never did get answered but set off a $hit$torm. I then traded the boat for about 1/5 of what it cost after only having it for 2 years.
What lawsuit(s)?? I wasn't aware.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
What lawsuit(s)?? I wasn't aware.
Seriously, you do not know that Pantera owes(d) hundred of thousands to various people? They settled with my dad for 80k then never paid. They had a contract to build a 28 with 300xs's. we ended up with a bare hull and no engines that were already paid for. I do not know what happened with their other suits. They have been changing their name from Pantera Boats to Pantera Racing, etc to avoid payment for the past 30 years. I faxed a copy of the settlement to OSO HQ after Steve Levy (apparantly jokingly) offered to buy it from me if it was real (he didnt but I will sell it to anyone interested).

http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/publ...ds/Search.aspx

type in pantera and browse the 34 pages of lawsuits with that name (not all are the boat company but most are)

Last edited by LostinBoston; 04-26-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was about an advertiser on this site who ripped me off and a couple others up here in BC. It was amazing how quickly I got helped out by people I have never met, and it was pretty impressive to see how much influence this site has on keeping people honest... Mostly..
Old 04-26-2010, 01:14 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
Seriously, you do not know that Pantera owes(d) hundred of thousands to various people? They settled with my dad for 80k then never paid. They had a contract to build a 28 with 300xs's. we ended up with a bare hull and no engines that were already paid for. I do not know what happened with their other suits. They have been changing their name from Pantera Boats to Pantera Racing, etc to avoid payment for the past 30 years. I faxed a copy of the settlement to OSO HQ after Steve Levy (apparantly jokingly) offered to buy it from me if it was real (he didnt but I will sell it to anyone interested).

http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/publ...ds/Search.aspx

type in pantera and browse the 34 pages of lawsuits with that name (not all are the boat company but most are)
Damn, I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the heads up.