Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Local guy bought this boat on Ebay.  What would you do? >

Local guy bought this boat on Ebay. What would you do?

Notices

Local guy bought this boat on Ebay. What would you do?

Old 05-11-2010, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe we were owner #2 - we purchased a black 1991 -42 from Tim Edwards in Spring Valley IL late summer of 97. Traded in a new 97 vette for it! (jim was a chevy dealer at the time) We hit 97mph in it on the IL river. We moved it down here with us in 1998 to Cape Coral FL and sold it about a year or so later to David Woods/Pier 57. We named it Day Trippin. She was a dark beauty and a lil warm for S FL! Not sure if this is the same one of the two - as mentioned top deck has changed as well as the rear scoops if it is.

Last edited by pokerrundiva; 05-11-2010 at 02:53 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:15 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

cool looking paint on the hood scoops though
Old 05-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

I think inspections invited might have meant before bidding...

Now Im sure he doesnt want the buyer to use that as an excuse to back out.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Is that the one from suburban Chicago that the guy used to pull with a matching Dodge truck?
Old 05-11-2010, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes that was his boat. He now owns the worlds fastest Fountain.
Why is EBay any different than any other auction? You are invited to inspect the item before the auction. When the gavel bangs sold it's yours. Do you think Barrett Jackson lets you bring your mechanic to inspect the car after you won to see what is wrong? I am all for making sure it it a nice boat, but after the auction is not the time.

Last edited by Brad Zastrow; 05-11-2010 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

In my opinion that is a great deal!!! That's cheap fun and the boat looks in great condition. Being in the business I'm in I have to agree that the time to do your homework was prior to bidding. He owns it now. If he doesn't like the boat after I think he could flip it without a great deal of effort.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks all for the honesty and humor. I knew excellent points would be raised and they were. I'll pass the info.

Thank you.

Neil
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite Marine
The boat was awesome when it was owned here in IL. The boat was VERY well maintained by the owner here and was perfect. Unless the new owner sank it or ran the engines on water, there shouldnt be anything to fear.

It looks stunning with the black, but yes its HOT!!!
+1. I saw it several years in a row at loto because the previous owner slipped it right across from me when he is down for the shootout. He kept it meticulous as well as his truck. I have also seen the two canopied fountains that he has/had and they are also very well kept. The last couple years he has also brought his "beater" boat as well to have something to cruise around in and what he considers a beater most of us would consider our "nice" boat.

Unless it was wrecked or sunk I don't know what could be wrong with it.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

If I bought a boat, or anything else, via the web. I have the right to bring ANYONE or ANY NUMBER of persons along with me to assist me in verifying the accuracy of the discription of the item I am buying.

For those saying 'he owns it' - Is that still your thoughts if he finds all 3 engines have milky oil? it's missing a prop or the trailer springs are broken?

The high bidder has a right to verify the accuracy if the description by whatever means he feels necessary. If he's refused that option - he should run.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

That boat is a hell of a buy for $50K!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.