Registered

My Boats: 33 POWERPLAY

Brian, I never got that message...
Old 05-18-2010, 08:55 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian41 View Post
My interior went from 8K before starting to 10K after it was done then to 12K when it was time to deduct it from what he owned me for his 1970 Chevelle SS. The interior only took 3 years to get done but we were friends then.

Now the big ONE.... He did this interior for a customer of mine and it started out at 15K to 20K..... well the final cost to finish was about 65K with less options than were agreed to from the start.
If this is the Donzi that I think it is.... That thing is fast. I was out over the weekend and think I saw that Donzi do a pretty quick "fly by" on Sugar Island......

SOrry for the hi-jack..
Old 05-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Registered

My Boats: Blackthunder & Malibu ski boat

Brian at what location did your customer stop by, it sounds like where his shop is in question, is he still out by you?

I sell industrial filters and I get back to everyone the same day or at worst the next, and if it is some custom job I let people know I am working on it and the progress. Artist, smartish who the fruck cares, if you take someone's money to do a job, it's a sale it's a business. If you can't talk to customers and get a job out then I don't care how creative you are, in my book you are a smuck with some drawing skills. People,,,, we are talking about boat seats here, not fricking art work.

While we are on the subject of art and great design, we have a BT and I am not sure if it was his idea or BT, but that back bench is the most ass-in-ine idea I have ever seen. You have to get everyone and everything out of the way, which means everbody and every cooler has to move up to the front behind the front seats, that's so you can slide the bench all the way forward (in towards the cabin, and then tip it up towards your chest.) I curse evertime I have to retrive anything from that area. Who knows who came up with that design, but if it was BT, he should have (in a creative way) talked them out of it. I know without a doubt for a heck of a lot less money I could have designed something just as attractive but a lot more user friendly.

IMHO You can count on Brian for spot on information in this matter and frankly if I was him I would be alot more #$%@?%%@ If I was the thread starter I would not wait any longer and get some type of stop against him via your CC good luck

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 05-18-2010 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Banned
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 3600 Nor-tech Super Cat

Donna glad to hear from you... been a long winter. As usual you are spot on with your post. Mcleod is still in Taylor on Northline road but I was told that a Bank note was left on the building over the weekend. If I were owed anything at this time I would be doing all I could to collect either product or monies back and trust nothing I was told.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht View Post
People,,,, we are talking about boat seats here, not fricki
ng art work.

While we are on the subject of art and great design, we have a BT and I am not sure if it was his idea or BT, but that back bench is the most ass-in-ine idea I have ever seen. You have to get everyone and everything out of the way, which means everbody and every cooler has to move up to the front behind the front seats, that's so you can slide the bench all the way forward (in towards the cabin, and then tip it up towards your chest.) I curse evertime I have to retrive anything from that area. Who knows who came up with that design, but if it was BT, he should have (in a creative way) talked them out of it. I know without a doubt for a heck of a lot less money I could have designed something just as attractive but a lot more user friendly.
Donna I think you were looking for "assinine" idea. That has to be his idea since Sunsation has the same design on their rear seats. It is ok, I keep fenders under the rear seat so it is time to get up and move around anyway.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:29 AM
S.O.B (single O/B) now
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian41 View Post
Donna glad to hear from you... been a long winter. As usual you are spot on with your post. Mcleod is still in Taylor on Northline road but I was told that a Bank note was left on the building over the weekend. If I were owed anything at this time I would be doing all I could to collect either product or monies back and trust nothing I was told.
Almost doesn't matter.....bankruptcy law allows the creditors to demand the return of any money the failed company paid out in the 90 days prior to filing bankruptcy....to be re-distributed to the creditors (who mostly will be government/tax offices).
I got hung on that one last year. We cut-off a customer we felt was going under, they begged me to do a couple last jobs if they paid up-front. Did the job and got our $22K.....5 weeks later they folded. 2 YEARS later the federal courts came after that $22K and our lawyer told us we had no case.....had to give them that $22K!!!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
Donna I think you were looking for "assinine" idea. That has to be his idea since Sunsation has the same design on their rear seats. It is ok, I keep fenders under the rear seat so it is time to get up and move around anyway.
LOL yes you are correct but I was trying to really get my point across We store all our fendors on the floor if we are on a poker run for that reason. We sometimes have 8 people on board and getting them all to move WAY up front can be a pain. I loved the way our 40' raised deck scarab was layed out, much more user friendly
Old 05-20-2010, 12:36 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=brian41;3113874]Donna glad to hear from you... been a long winter. As usual you are spot on with your post. QUOTE]

Now if Ian would only tell me that during an argument......

are you doing the spring run, we plan on it, I am looking forward to spending the weekend at the Toledo Yacht club, I suspect we will be there both Friday and Sat. nights.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Registered

My Boats: Formula FASTech 382 Sunseeker Apache 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by t500hps View Post
Almost doesn't matter.....bankruptcy law allows the creditors to demand the return of any money the failed company paid out in the 90 days prior to filing bankruptcy....to be re-distributed to the creditors (who mostly will be government/tax offices).
I got hung on that one last year. We cut-off a customer we felt was going under, they begged me to do a couple last jobs if they paid up-front. Did the job and got our $22K.....5 weeks later they folded. 2 YEARS later the federal courts came after that $22K and our lawyer told us we had no case.....had to give them that $22K!!!
What??????
Old 05-20-2010, 12:45 AM
Registered

My Boats: 33 POWERPLAY

Don't worry Donna, I'll always tell you that you are right