Notices

badluckboat

Old 05-31-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Someone told me a long time ago if you change the name on a boat that's bad luck. That's Y I asked the question.
Yes it's true, I can confirm that
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Wink

hey my new to me SABER28 boat has no name so can I call it AIRTIME OR AIRTIME TOO all my shirts and jackets have AIRTIME on them from the last 20years that I have had my baja 24ol AIRTIME which I still have not sure I want to sell it. theres always something to fix on boats even new ones.
Old 05-31-2010, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Anyone ever have a boat that was just pure bad luck? I've had this boat for a year now. Never got more than 2 trouble free boating days in a row.
LOL, yessiree. Brand new 1988 Indy 22 / King Cobra BBF combo.

Owned it two seasons. Blew up 13 drives, two starters, one shifter handle, one throttle cable, one tach, one gas gauge, one bilge blower, one engine hatch ( the crappy latch they used broke and the hatch flew off into the lake at 70mph and sunk immediately, cabin door frame fell off and broke the acrylic doors, seat bases both broke more than once, trailer winch post snapped off while on the highway and bounced around under the boat until I could get it stopped.

I traded it in on a new 1990 Power Play and the dealer ripped the motor mounts off the stringers while demoing the boat for a buyer.

Friggin cursed from day one that thing was.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Registered

hang in there i have owned my boat for 4 years now first year 4 rides blew up motors second year 3 rides blew up motors, third year 6 rides blew up both drives, fourth year this year 1st ride out blew up a drive, second time out blew a starter we'll see what happens next weekend.
the days they run great you have no issues you will realize why you bought a boat. they are expensive, they are a great deal of fun, they will all break down sometime. be patient do the best you can and work through the bugs.
but don't give up on it when your almost there
Old 06-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by amazing1
hang in there i have owned my boat for 4 years now first year 4 rides blew up motors second year 3 rides blew up motors, third year 6 rides blew up both drives, fourth year this year 1st ride out blew up a drive, second time out blew a starter we'll see what happens next weekend.
the days they run great you have no issues you will realize why you bought a boat. they are expensive, they are a great deal of fun, they will all break down sometime. be patient do the best you can and work through the bugs.
but don't give up on it when your almost there
Just did the MSD box too........ and this isnt the first time the steering has gone. Seriously, any other rituals..... LET ME KNOW
Old 06-01-2010, 11:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
Just bought a bottle of red! Any other rituals?? I'll take anything I can get.
Don't skimp on what you buy for the offering, the gods of the seas don't take kindly to cheap wine, or champagne as the case may be.