Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

41 Plug Hull side in duratec Primer.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ThreeBears
With 1050hp and 10500#, 83mph gives a hull factor of 265 and 95 gives a hull factor of 300. 265 is pretty good for a deep vee ... 300 is off the charts ... more like a world class cat number. At 275, you get 87mph so I'm going with 87+/-1mph for this setup.
remember now.. light layup..but not to light...just stringers forward dash....nothings down there... I still think with correct props.. and not bangin the rev lmtr's 96-97....but what do I know....

seriously... Id be happy anywhere near 90.. properly set up for getting on plane and decent midrange pull.. The top speed number really doesn't concern me (ok I'm getting old and having a hard time dealing with it) vs how the boats attitude will be in the rough stuff on a PR when Joe Blow comes by me in Boat X and is all over the place while I'm sippin my Grape Ne-High http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink3935.html
Old 06-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

who's the guy in the hat
Old 06-08-2010, 11:32 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Jassman
who's the guy in the hat
Jeff LMAO I can still feel my arms ache!
Old 06-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanna ride too but I'll throttle.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,018 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by mccaffertee
THIS IS NOT AN OLDER MOLD. This is a newly tooled and impproved version of the original 41. The original lines and measurements came directly from the Warpath race boat, but was done the old fashioned way. Then the tooling was built from foam based on those measurements. There were some major flaws in the way the company did the tooling and Steve 1 and his brothers did some serious re-work to get the tooling straight as the so-called tooling work was poorly done. The tooling was a major job since we straightened the bottom and sharpened the edges - the way it was originally done it incorporated ALL the flaws of the original 41...so we fixed, straightened and sharpened EVERYTHING.

This included "inches" of additional height to make the bottom straight and level as the original tooling had a bad rocker in it.
It was all done as a non-stepped hull with a new and improved straight bottom, NO ROCKER!!!

Then Pantera bought the tooling and made it their own by adding a stepped insert to modify and improve the running surface - this IS NOT the T4 that Steve 1 was tooling up, it is the original straight bottom molded 41 that was to be a retro version of the original for the new Thad Allen Apache.

hope this helps!

Hey, that does help! Thanks for giving the straight facts on the build. Very refreshing instead of the all too familiar practice of secrets and rumors.

Again, great job. Boat looks fantastic! Hope to see it in person some day.

Now, post up some more pics!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Heck with that boat, T2X driving and Joker throttling..... I would be happy to be a passenger!
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys on all the compliments. Alot of hard work and late hours have been put into this new Pantera 41'. Ran the boat this afternoon with Brad from Mercury Racing on the wheel and tested a set of 5 blade Merc. Racing props.
It was very hot and humid here in Miami with not even a 2" chop after a brief rain storm and the boat was much faster than what we were expecting out of it. The 90 MPH class limit in Supersport class is no problem for the boat. Very good slip #s. There is still 3-4 more MPH left in it.Take your hands off the wheel at WOT. This is a BIG 41'.

We built this new Pantera 41' for the Ocean Dragon race team out of England.It will be raced in the Supersport class that has a set rule of 4.5 Kilogram per HP so we did not want to build the boat very light from the get go due to the amount of weight we have to carry ( approximately 10,500 ). HP is read from a Torque Sensor we installed.

I also gave a test run to my good friend JC that owns both Apache Warpath. He was very impressed !

I will try and post a few more pics. soon that I took this afternoon. Boat is headed to England tomorrow.

1st race will be Italy in July.

JO

Last edited by JO - PANTERABOATS; 06-08-2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS
Thanks guys on all the compliments. Alot of hard work and late hours have been put into this new Pantera 41'. Ran the boat this afternoon with Brad from Mercury Racing on the wheel and tested a set of 5 blade Merc. Racing props.
It was very hot and humid here in Miami with not even a 2" chop after a brief rain storm and the boat was much faster than what we were expecting out of it. The 90 MPH class limit in Supersport class is no problem for the boat. Very good slip #s. There is still 3-4 more MPH left in it.Take your hands off the wheel at WOT. This is a BIG 41'.

We built this new Pantera 41' for the Ocean Dragon race team out of England.It will be raced in the Supersport class that has a set rule of 4.5 Kilogram per HP so we did not want to build the boat very light from the get go due to the amount of weight we have to carry ( approximately 10,500 ). HP is read from a Torque Sensor we installed.

I also gave a test run to my good friend JC that owns both Apache Warpath. He was very impressed !

I will try and post a few more pics. soon that I took this afternoon. Boat is headed to England tomorrow.

JO
The hard work shows, nicely done Pepe and Jo a lot of eyes were on this Pantera 41. Best Regards to you and family from my family.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JO - PANTERABOATS

JO

Congrats..and a beautiful boat.. really like this one..Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.