Notices

21 ft switzer

Old 04-29-2002, 11:16 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an '88 24' Switzer. It was a really fun boat. The 21' was a great boat. It was built in 2 versions, open bow and closed bow. With a big block it was very fast. They also put big outboard power on it. I had looked to sell them back in '90, but they started to have difficultied and it wasn't long before they closed their doors. I wish I still had the literature on these boats. The 21' GL is the boat to have.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:26 AM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Pantera:

I've been on that site for the past 4 years...... Nobody will give any info on the "Wing in the weeds"... I raced against those things some years ago........ and man! could they move... I know the history well ( First "Wings" were wooden..... commmissioned by Carl Kiekhaefer....etc) and have actually corresponded with Bob Switzer in my search. (The "wing" molds were destroyed in a fire)........

My goal (for about 10 years) has been to find one , outfit it with in line 6 Mercs, and take it to the APBA Historical events...... (By the Way the biggest event of them all is every other year in Clayton, NY, Thousand Islands area, in August...... This is the year...and I'm going again......4th consecutive time.....It's awesome)

If anybody sees anything remotely resembling one of these "wings" ...alert me ASAP.

T2x
Old 04-29-2002, 11:39 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TX2,

The Switzer family makes fiberglass protable office spaces or something like that. Their business is located in Richmond, Illinois. I think its called Switzer Products or something close to that. I would bet that they might know something about that old wing or know someone who does. They got the molds back from the Koons family when they went out ot business back in 92 or 93.