Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread >

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Notices

Driver 46..why Did You Delete Your Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I've been in a bunch of these boats at speed...pretty safe to drop the subject I think.... I always felt comfortable on the ones I was in.
Bingo Frank! See you in AC!!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
If I had to guess you have never been in an Outerlimits so how can you comment about their boats??

The funny thing is fountain, I've never really commented about their boats! That's YOU being defensive about nothing.

The only thing close that I said about the performance of the 42' OL is that they "seem less forgiving than many other hull designs," which was based on the prior OL discussion of the one that rolled. And even then I went on to qualify the statement by saying "If that's not the case, and all of these larger, high HP, stepped hull boats are rolling over at a high rate, than maybe courses should be offered with all of them." Which again DOESN'T MAKE ANY CLAIMS ABOUT STEPPED HULL BOATS. It's an IF and a THEN statement.

The ONLY thing that I've said is IF there is a problem THEN something needs to be done about it, period, but people like you get uber protective about their favorite boat manufacturers and put words into people's mouths and then claim... "this is brand bashing!!!," which it clearly is not...
Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
That's not entirely true... They can re-design their hulls too...

People are so up in arms about this, but all I stated was that IF there is a unique problem with OL THEN something should be done about it... This isn't brand bashing or anything like that. I have no contempt for OL or their beautiful boats, but the fact remains, if they have a problem it should be fixed.
Dude your an IDIOT! Stop talking before you make yourself look any dumber....

Some fing idiots on this board..........
Old 06-10-2010, 04:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

what you are doing, than don't be afraid to ask.[/QUOTE]

If I had to guess you have never been in an Outerlimits so how can you comment about their boats??
That is weak argument above; anyone can comment on anything without having been in that boat, car, plane, motorcycle...

Comment/opinion can be valid if with first hand reports from those affected (ie. someone spoke directly to those ejected, or witnessed firsthand the incident), first hand observation, internet postings that are factually based (historically accurate information), and or independent testing and or reports (cars, motorcylces, Powerboat Magazine, ect.) The Powerboat Magazine reference would only add credibilty to the OL product line since every report I have read in Powerboat about an OL is positive. Notice I ommitted hearsay information.

It would certainly add validity and strength to the commentary if a person did ride in an OL boat in order to form an opinion, but to say that since a person who has never been in a product, and that he or she cannot make an informed comment is just not reasonable or accurate.

With that said, when am I going for a ride? (just kidding). Keep building gorgeous boats, make sure your customers know how to drive the boats without getting hurt, and all is good.

Last edited by Smarty; 06-10-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered

Received 2,802 Likes on 943 Posts

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown

Do you drive a motor cycle? And if you do, when did you consider yourself an expert? I drove a bike for almost 10 years and still didn't think that I was anywhere near an expert on the thing. I think performance boating is much the same way. The only way you can learn the limits of the boat or a bike is to push them and wreck (or be LUCKILY enough to nearly wreck), or get training from a course.
To use your own example.

Would you balme the manufacturer or say the bike needed to be re-designed if someone that owned a Ducati 998 traded the bike in on a Harley Davidson Road King and this said rider pushed the road king to the limits he was used to on a 998? Who's at fault? The Road king does not perform the same as a 998. Or better yet, is it the manufacturer's responsiblity to ensure it's riders of these high performance street bikes realize they are riding street version race bikes and to go over all the enherant dangers of such? Is it the manufacturers fault the rider is retarded when they do something stupid? I think not.

It's pretty common knowledge (or at least it seems it should be), you don't turn a stepped bottom hull with the drives tucked in or the tabs down. It airates the rear of the hull and cause the bow to hook.

Common concern with step bottom boats. Just as it's a common concern you don't run a Road King through the canyons at 80.

I'm not getting defensive, I'm mearly stating facts.

OL's does not need to re-design their hulls. In all reality, it is not really ANY manufacturers responsibility to ensure it's drivers opporate their boats/cars/bikes in a safe manner. It's nice that some offer a driving course but not required. Just as it's not Ferrari's responsiblity to ensure it's drivers obey all the traffic laws, or that HD riders realize their not riding sport bikes, or Ducati/Yamaha/Suzuki street bike riders realize they're driving a racing machine on the street.

Sh!t happens man. A little personal responsibility and accountability would be refreshing in this industry.

Last edited by thisistank; 06-10-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
what you are doing, than don't be afraid to ask.

Yes, you can comment on anything without being in one as you stated. I should have stated how can you say Outerlimits needs to re-design their bottoms without running in one. You going to be at the Atlantic City run? Also to add to this, this particular boat was bought as a repo from a bank through legendary marine

Last edited by OL40SVX; 06-10-2010 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Also to add to this, this particular boat was bought as a repo from a bank through legendary marine
Repo boats are more prone to hooking due to their insecurities.

Last edited by pm203; 06-10-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Yes, you can comment on anything without being in one as you stated. I should have stated how can you say Outerlimits needs to re-design their bottoms without running in one. You going to be at the Atlantic City run? Also to add to this, this particular boat was bought as a repo from a bank through legendary marine
I probably will not be at the AC Poker Run, but if get down there I send you a pm and maybe we can hook-up/talk.

Repo boat....redesign...no comment from me on that topic...I know when to keep my mouth shut. Thanks for the reply....

Stephen
Old 06-10-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
A little personal responsibility and accountability would be refreshing in this country.
Even better.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Registered

i have a question about the bigger V's. I will preface this by saying I am definitely more used to cats, and have been in more cats than high performance V's. Do all of the bigger V's feel narrow, and almost "tippy" as the best way to describe it? I don't mean tippy in the literal sense, kind of hard to explain. I have only been in an OL 45 and as compared to smaller cats, it felt as i said narrow and "tippy". anyone have any useful comments on this? or any useful questions for me to answer to have someone answer my question or give me more insight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.