Vacuflush pump keeps running >

Vacuflush pump keeps running

Notices

Vacuflush pump keeps running

Old 06-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuflush pump keeps running

I have a vacuflush toilet, and the pump does not shut off. When I put the boat in the water this year the pump would shut off but the cycle time for on and off was about 30 seconds, and now it keeps running... Would it be an air leak at the base of the toilet?
Old 06-14-2010, 09:14 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yep air leak in the system
Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does the same thing. Glad you guys figured it out.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

Mine does the same thing. I had the pump checked and they said it was fine. So, there is a leak somewhere that is causing you to not make a vacuum so it will shut off. I hear there is a seal in the ball thingy that needs to be replaced?
Old 06-14-2010, 01:01 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The pressure relief safety valve,the rubber flap valve thats in it will leak some times, it has the foam rubber stuff in the top. pore some water in there see if its sucks the water in,they also change to a better rubber grommet (white)a few years back.I got tired of replacing the valve ,I made a plug,pvc pipe with a cap,see pick.

Also, were the black plastic cover is ,the screw goes into the tank , can leak there, Under the cover the relay has a screw that is screwed into the tank.

Mine had a leak/crack in a mounting hole thats on the backside of the actual pump.I put 5200 on it.

you can use a solider iron on the screw hole, I put Velcro holding the cover on now.

also the seal at the potty flusher valve,usually leave a little water in the bowl will make it seal up when in use.

You can take cigarette and use the smoke off it,it will suck it in the tank,finding the leak.

Hope this helps
Rob
Attached Thumbnails Vacuflush pump keeps running-11-07-2-066.jpg   Vacuflush pump keeps running-tank.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
The pressure relief safety valve,the rubber flap valve thats in it will leak some times, it has the foam rubber stuff in the top. pore some water in there see if its sucks the water in,they also change to a better rubber grommet (white)a few years back.I got tired of replacing the valve ,I made a plug,pvc pipe with a cap,see pick.

Also, were the black plastic cover is ,the screw goes into the tank , can leak there, Under the cover the relay has a screw that is screwed into the tank.

Mine had a leak/crack in a mounting hole thats on the backside of the actual pump.I put 5200 on it.

you can use a solider iron on the screw hole, I put Velcro holding the cover on now.

also the seal at the potty flusher valve,usually leave a little water in the bowl will make it seal up when in use.

You can take cigarette and use the smoke off it,it will suck it in the tank,finding the leak.

Hope this helps
Rob

I worked on it today. The pump shuts of now, for about 20 minutes i would guess. The spring loaded relief valve was sticking and leaking air out of it. How often should the pump kick on?
Thanks for the help.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST
I worked on it today. The pump shuts of now, for about 20 minutes i would guess. The spring loaded relief valve was sticking and leaking air out of it. How often should the pump kick on?
Thanks for the help.

It should only run for a few minutes, also depend on how much waste is in it taking up area, It is not suppose to leak down any,and keep coming on. Mine still comes on,When I got a new valve it came with some grease to help seal it up,prob a silicone base,That safety valve can get trash,fiberglass dust etc in it and leak,thats the reason I plugged mine,they say dont because if the pump goes bad it can suck in the tank, I call BS .the pump only sucks 15inch pounds.

When you get sucked out I use to push in the safety valve to let in air, now I have to hold the flush valve open during pump out.

Also ck the outlet/dump hose up to the deck fitting,it should have a o ring also. the 90 that comes out of the tank has a duck valve in it ,it had a adaptor for the hose to fit on it, mine leaked there also.

goodluck
Rob

Old 06-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Registered

It should only run for a few minutes, also depend on how much waste is in it taking up area, It is not suppose to leak down any,and keep coming on. Mine still comes on,When I got a new valve it came with some grease to help seal it up,prob a silicone base,That safety valve can get trash,fiberglass dust etc in it and leak,thats the reason I plugged mine,they say dont because if the pump goes bad it can suck in the tank, I call BS .the pump only sucks 15inch pounds.

When you get sucked out I use to push in the safety valve to let in air, now I have to hold the flush valve open during pump out.

Also ck the outlet/dump hose up to the deck fitting,it should have a o ring also. the 90 that comes out of the tank has a duck valve in it ,it had a adaptor for the hose to fit on it, mine leaked there also.

goodluck
Rob
Are you saying that after you took out the valve and pluged the hole you still have the pump kicking on?
My tank is in a hard spot to access, so if i had to replace the tank my buddy Tom would have a big smile on his face as he was cutting a very large access hole to put in a new tank.
I am going to try the new valve first and maybe the boating gods will be kind to me and make the problem go away.
By any chance would you happen to have a part number for the valve?

Last edited by PWRQUEST; 06-14-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 10:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PWRQUEST
Are you saying that after you took out the valve and plugged the hole you still have the pump kicking on?
My tank is in a hard spot to access, so if i had to replace the tank my buddy Tom would have a big smile on his face as he was cutting a very large access hole to put in a new tank.
I am going to try the new valve first and maybe the boating gods will be kind to me and make the problem go away.
By any chance would you happen to have a part number for the valve?
Yes I still have a leak somewhere.

Take the foam out and put some water ontop of the valve or use the cig smoke see if its still leaking.you can see the grease were the screwdriver is holding the valve open.

I have a manual and parts list stuff i can fax ya if you want, phone # to the main parts guy for the VHT.

Theres rubber valves in thepump body also.When your pump cuts off does it flush OK, with plenty of sucksion

did ya ck the bowl valve? put some water see if it sucks thru

What year is yours?
Attached Thumbnails Vacuflush pump keeps running-vht-002-large-.jpg   Vacuflush pump keeps running-vht-004-large-.jpg   Vacuflush pump keeps running-vht-005-large-.jpg  

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 06-14-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM
Registered

Yes I still have a leak somewhere.

Take the foam out and put some water ontop of the valve or use the cig smoke see if its still leaking.you can see the grease were the screwdriver is holding the valve open.

I have a manual and parts list stuff i can fax ya if you want, phone # to the main parts guy for the VHT.

Theres rubber valves in thepump body also.When your pump cuts off does it flush OK, with plenty of sucksion

did ya ck the bowl valve? put some water see if it sucks thru

What year is yours?

The boat is a 2002. The toilet flushes great. bowl valve, where is that? Yes I would like the guys number. Thanks for all your help...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.