Like Tree0Likes

Technical Questions For Steve 1

Reply
Old 06-19-2010, 11:28 AM
  #51
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,585
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Question for everyone.

Its June 2010.

What hull shape and length, by what boatbuilder, that we know has been UNCHANGED is out there now in use in the GREATEST NUMBERS ?

Would it be one of the Fountain hulls because of the huge numbers sold over the years ?


What V hull ?
and what CAT hull ?

V hulls with no changes is tough since there has been some tweaking along the way notch/un-notch transom/pad/no pad changes etc. The 38 T/S TG is relatively unchanged for a a 10-11 year run. The 35/38/42 Fountain is relatively unchanged albeit trim changes like Lightning/Executionere etc. Fountain has built a lot of boats but Formula was pumping out a lot of 353/382 Fastech's also.

Sunsation re-did their 32 in a twin step in 06 but by 08 added a pad so tweaks like that are what I mean for changes.
Jupiter Sunsation is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:31 AM
  #52
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation View Post
V hulls with no changes is tough since there has been some tweaking along the way notch/un-notch transom/pad/no pad changes etc. The 38 T/S TG is relatively unchanged for a a 10-11 year run. The 35/38/42 Fountain is relatively unchanged albeit trim changes like Lightning/Executionere etc. Fountain has built a lot of boats but Formula was pumping out a lot of 353/382 Fastech's also.

Sunsation re-did their 32 in a twin step in 06 but by 08 added a pad so tweaks like that are what I mean for changes.
Thank you

What Cat hull do you think is the most prolific?

Would it be one of the Eliminator hulls ?
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:40 AM
  #53
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
OK
Lets compare the last 41 Apache built with the new Pantera.

In poker run format...not full race. Some bling and comfort features.

What HP did it take to make the last of the APACHES run 100-110 ?
What HP will it take to make the PANTERA run the same speed ?
Alec ,The Pantera has 525's and is at it's legal weight of 10,600# I have heard 93 mph . The old Apaches with 900's would hit 100+ from the feed back I have got.

The Pantera at 10,000# Poker run Bagged and Cored with everything imaginable onboard and the 900's @ 125 looking at the information I have seen.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:44 AM
  #54
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

The old 23 Formula was the most copied ,at one beach show I counted 18 under different names.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:45 AM
  #55
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Thank you

What Cat hull do you think is the most prolific?

Would it be one of the Eliminator hulls ?
Yes and the Skater 24 you can find it all over the earth under different names.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:47 AM
  #56
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve 1 View Post
Alec ,The Pantera has 525's and is at it's legal weight of 10,600# I have heard 93 mph . The old Apaches with 900's would hit 100+ from the feed back I have got.

The Pantera at 10,000# Poker run Bagged and Cored with everything imaginable onboard and the 900's @ 125 looking at the information I have seen.
The Pantera with 700's and 6s would be a long lasting great Poker Run boat then.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:48 AM
  #57
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)
 
glassdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: toledo oh
My Boats: Batboat, 38 Scarab Thunder, 16 Sidewinder, 27 Magnum
Posts: 12,667
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
The Pantera with 700's and 6s would be a long lasting great Poker Run boat then.
that would be a sweet ride
__________________
Throttles- Cleveland Construction 377 Talon
08 OPA Class 1 National Champion
08 Class 1 Geico Triple Crown Champion
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
glassdave is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:55 AM
  #58
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
The Pantera with 700's and 6s would be a long lasting great Poker Run boat then.
Alec Hands down,wash it change the Oil ,kick the tires and light the fires go have fun,it is a computers Idea of a Apache.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:57 AM
  #59
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,936
Default

Thanks Steve

Lets say you had the opportunity to start from scratch.
We see the economy, and how the trends have changed in the past few years.

You can build one model of boat ONLY.
You can have ONE mold, ONE ONLY.

Given those parameters, what would you build?

V ? Cat? Length? Power? Drives?

The boat isnt for you, its for commercial customers, so give us your impression of what you would build to get the most volume out of.
Catastrophe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:28 PM
  #60
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
 
Steve 1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Beautiful Fort Lauderdale www.cheetahcat.com
My Boats: Slippery when wet!
Posts: 10,833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by catastrophe View Post
Thanks Steve

Lets say you had the opportunity to start from scratch.
We see the economy, and how the trends have changed in the past few years.

You can build one model of boat ONLY.
You can have ONE mold, ONE ONLY.

Given those parameters, what would you build?

V ? Cat? Length? Power? Drives?

The boat isnt for you, its for commercial customers, so give us your impression of what you would build to get the most volume out of.
Alec I have a 33 foot open CheetahCat ,road Legal designed as a single diesel IO and outboard single or twin, I built a test plug while overseas ,the Kuwaiti's loved the thing called it the flying carpet anyway it is a fuel miser and the numbers then showed @7 miles per gallon single diesel Then and I had two 50 gallon round fuel tanks planned in the sponsons like my other cats.

You said one set of molds, OK Open Fisherman deck and I would KRYPTON infuse the boat and have all the material Kitted, the first piece on top of the box is the first one used, Resins got to be careful here a good Vinylester as nothing wears like a good gelcoat job.
Steve 1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:32 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.