Like Tree0Likes

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Reply
Old 05-04-2010, 08:53 PM
  #61
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Large air spill at wind farm.

On a more serious note, the facts are that

1) almost all the shallow Gulf oil has been tapped out.

2) we NEED oil to run our economy right now.

3) we can't run planes trains and big rigs on anything BUT derivatives of dino oil.

So we have to drill. Period.
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 PM
  #62
Steve_H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Large air spill at wind farm.

On a more serious note, the facts are that

1) almost all the shallow Gulf oil has been tapped out.

2) we NEED oil to run our economy right now.

3) we can't run planes trains and big rigs on anything BUT derivatives of dino oil.

So we have to drill. Period.
Someone must have hijacked Cat's account. Finally an intelligent post.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:12 PM
  #63
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Wow. You paint with a wide brush.

I dont recall ANY of the 4 sos mods say anything against OSO
What?

Aren't you the guy that showed up at my house, unannounced, and introduced yourself to my MOM as "lotoparty"....? Yeah, that was you....

I used to talk to you occasionally, and you were always a really nice guy? When did you decide to start being an ass-hole to me, and ESPECIALLY start assuming you know what was being said by anyone in a board position on EITHER site? I've seen you trying(?) to throw a few weak little shots around, and it's really confusing to read, since that's not the guy I remember you being? Have you always been so two faced & desperate for internet fame? The guy I talked to with the 28 Apache Brave & really nice redone Bullet must have been your brother or something
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:14 PM
  #64
Registered
Trade Score: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Toledo Oh
My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC
Posts: 8,665
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayboat View Post
***edit

BREAKING: Large Air Spill At Wind Farm. No Threats Reported. Some Claim To Enjoy The Breeze.
We interupt this thread to bring you breaking news. A strong breeze has caused the failure and subsequent dismounting of several wind turbine blades. This has caused the decapitiation of 126 of the 131 people picnicing at the Smith family reunion. Forensics are now in the process of matching heads to bodies. film at 11:00.
phragle is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 09:59 PM
  #65
Steve_H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
What?

Aren't you the guy that showed up at my house, unannounced, and introduced yourself to my MOM as "lotoparty"....? Yeah, that was you....

I used to talk to you occasionally, and you were always a really nice guy? When did you decide to start being an ass-hole to me, and ESPECIALLY start assuming you know what was being said by anyone in a board position on EITHER site? I've seen you trying(?) to throw a few weak little shots around, and it's really confusing to read, since that's not the guy I remember you being? Have you always been so two faced & desperate for internet fame? The guy I talked to with the 28 Apache Brave & really nice redone Bullet must have been your brother or something
Yes, that was me. I was boating on Grand one day and saw you're 28 Cig you had for sale at the time. Since i was sort of interested in buying it and I was already there, I took the liberty of knocking on you're parents door to see if you were around. Your Mom was extremely nice and gave us permission to look the boat over. It wasn't what I expected. End of story. If I was out of line for showing up like that you have my apologies.

The next and only other time I saw you was at the Horney Toad at Loto. You had an entourage with you that couldn't kiss you're ass enough about you're superman docking skills and one of them was a big German looking guy with a huge head. He gave me the eye like he was some kind of body guard. Anyway, I docked right before you did and you saw my girlfriend and I in the Apache but didn't say anything to us and since Mr. Huge head gave me the impression to stay 50 feet away from Royalty, I didn't say anything either. You are wrong. We have never spoken face to face. A PM maybe, but I don't remember.

My statement about the wide brush was just my observation from being on both boards. If you have proof that the "silent 4" caused trouble on OSO after leaving then post it and prove me wrong. I just never saw it and I know for a fact if anyone put OSO down on SOS it was nipped in the bud, fast.

As for the other shots, honestly I think you're an arrogant young man that hasn't been humbled by hard times or painful life experiences yet. I base that on some comments you have made over the years. One that really stands out was you saying "the average guy has never been able to afford these boats" or something to that effect. You have also abused you're power here, in my opinion, by changing my post, and yours to put you in a better light when challenged. Hell, you might even change or delete this post.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt though. Maybe I have you pegged wrong. After all you did make this post so I guess you do care what others think. In light of that I will stop "throwing the weak little shots around".

Peace.

By the way, does Mr. Huge head have a physical disorder?
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:36 PM
  #66
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer-x6 View Post
How is the oil spill going to effect your boating?
It will not allow me to take out my Apache that has 1500HP mills on pump gas that I purchased from Chris Sunkin.......that is how it is going to screw me...........






































I hope it doesn't mess up the destin Poker Run since we already have a condo....
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
  #67
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)
 
tomtbone1993's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: LAKE CONROE, TX
My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU
Posts: 15,486
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post
Someone must have hijacked Cat's account. Finally an intelligent post.
He is a Land Man.........I am sure he would want them to drill in North Texas
tomtbone1993 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:57 PM
  #68
Charter Mod
Charter Member
 
BLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: E Dock
My Boats: Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
Posts: 6,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_H View Post

Peace.
Are you serious?

You've almost entirely based your opinion of me, on how someone ELSE looked at you?

That completely contradicts giving someone the "benefit of the doubt", and is about as unfair as you could ever be.

Using those "rules", you're not in a position to know about whether or not life has dealt any negative times my way. I was out of the house & living almost 2000 miles away from any family at ALL by the start of my freshman year in high school, not being tucked in every night by my Mom that you met, & studying for a learners permit so that I could borrow the family truckster that Summer.

Yeah, I did say something to the effect, that most average guys aren't in the market for a brand new 51 Outerlimits? I didn't know that anyone on these sites wasn't aware of this fact, but those are expensive boats, and generally don't have your average guy ordering them. Again, it's pretty unfair for you to say I'm arrogant for being the one to point out this brutally obvious fact. I definitely did not intend to sound arrogant when I stated it, I just wasn't aware there were so many regular folks out there buying full custom $1 million boats that I could possibly offend.

You are right about one thing, I did care about what you said. I was the one that was way off on having someone pegged though. My Mom did say you were a nice guy, and I had assumed the same. I'm sorry my boat wasn't what you expected, but I did sell it, and the guy that bought it drives it every weekend, like he expected to. It sounds like it was just a below "average" boat to you though, so I apologize for you wasting your time on such a sub-par machine, as you inferred. They didn't make 28 Cigarettes in full epoxy & power them with 1075's at the time.

About "Mr Huge Head(?)" (Really.... Mr Huge Head? )


You have to be talking about Big Mike. I'm not aware of any physical disorders that he may have, other than just being a bigger guy than most are used to seeing (including me). I doubt making fun of him on the internet would get much of a rise out of him, but since he does post here, maybe he'll let you know about any physical disorders he may have at this years' LOTO Shootout? I guess I'll try to make sure he's not "kissing my ass" for being able to dock a boat....? Was that a joke, because the thought of a 7ft tall guy kissing anyones ass, is hysterical....so your assumption that he was kissing mine, for docking the boat, really doesn't sound accurate.
BLee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:34 PM
  #69
Steve_H
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLee View Post
Are you serious?

You've almost entirely based your opinion of me, on how someone ELSE looked at you?. No. You walked by with you're nose in the air. Not Mike.

That completely contradicts giving someone the "benefit of the doubt", and is about as unfair as you could ever be.

Using those "rules", you're not in a position to know about whether or not life has dealt any negative times my way. I was out of the house & living almost 2000 miles away from any family at ALL by the start of my freshman year in high school, not being tucked in every night by my Mom that you met, & studying for a learners permit so that I could borrow the family truckster that Summer. Thats the best you can do? Try this on for size. Father killed on the job as a firefighter along with 5 of his closest friends. Lost a baby boy to SIDS at 3 months. Cronic and dibilitating lower intestine desease from the time I was 18. I could add more but whats the point.

Yeah, I did say something to the effect, that most average guys aren't in the market for a brand new 51 Outerlimits? I didn't know that anyone on these sites wasn't aware of this fact, but those are expensive boats, and generally don't have your average guy ordering them. Again, it's pretty unfair for you to say I'm arrogant for being the one to point out this brutally obvious fact. I definitely did not intend to sound arrogant when I stated it, I just wasn't aware there were so many regular folks out there buying full custom $1 million boats that I could possibly offend. Nice try, but nobody was talking about a new Outerlimits when you made the statement. We were talking about the poor used boat market, and you were trying to prop it up by saying "joe six pack has never been able to afford these boats anyway".

You are right about one thing, I did care about what you said. I was the one that was way off on having someone pegged though. My Mom did say you were a nice guy, and I had assumed the same. I'm sorry my boat wasn't what you expected, but I did sell it, and the guy that bought it drives it every weekend, like he expected to. It sounds like it was just a below "average" boat to you though, so I apologize for you wasting your time on such a sub-par machine, as you inferred. They didn't make 28 Cigarettes in full epoxy & power them with 1075's at the time. I never said it was average or sub par and you know it. Saying it was not what I expected was just that and nothing more. I happen to love the paint scheme you put on it.

About "Mr Huge Head(?)" (Really.... Mr Huge Head? )


You have to be talking about Big Mike. I'm not aware of any physical disorders that he may have, other than just being a bigger guy than most are used to seeing (including me). I doubt making fun of him on the internet would get much of a rise out of him, but since he does post here, maybe he'll let you know about any physical disorders he may have at this years' LOTO Shootout? I guess I'll try to make sure he's not "kissing my ass" for being able to dock a boat....? Was that a joke, because the thought of a 7ft tall guy kissing anyones ass, is hysterical....so your assumption that he was kissing mine, for docking the boat, really doesn't sound accurate.
The guy gave me a dirty look for no reason. If you want to instigate a fight between a 51 year old man at the shootout and a 7 ft., big headed, 20 something year old, then you go right ahead. He is probably a lucky sperm clubber like you so it may be profitable for me.

By the way. I never said "he" was kissing your ass did I? Stick to the facts if you want this debate.
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:28 AM
  #70
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: houston tx
Posts: 935
Default

Let me start by Im not in the Oil business. Been around it my whole life.

I have friends that are drilling engineers, and this is what they have told me probably happened:

Oil companies are required to use synthetic mud, for enviromental reasons. It is expensive 40k per ton or something like that. So they want to recover as much as possible.

The well was already shut in and they were getting ready to move the rig. As they were displacing the mud in the riser(big pipe that connects the rig to the well head) the cement job failed (Halliburton). It was an error of the driller(transocean) that the mud was continued to be pumped out of the riser.

When the weight of the mud was displaced there was nothing to hold the wellhead w blowout preventer on the ocean floor.

So up the casing and well head came. The blowout preventer could not have saved this. the well head was already closed.

It was human error by Halliburton (cement job) and transocean bad tool pusher(didnt pay attention to the returns)

Time will tell how bad a problem it is, the longer the oil stays offshore the better, it will break up on its own.

As someone posted earlier millions of barrels of oil a year seep out of the ocean floor in the Gulf. Just walk down any texas beach and you will see the tar.

Hope this helps explain a little
yahoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.