Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 05-06-2010, 05:28 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bobbowobbo
exxon sign of the double cross comes to mind right off while reading this post. I was there for black sunday.. remember all the empty houses on battlement mesa.. yep an old buddy of mine said a lot of fortunes have been lost trying to get that oil. being in aviation I felt the sting a bit after the rest. you should see what that looks like from the air.. just my 2cents.. no dog in any fight
Yes sir. It was quite an economic bust, that is for sure. From the air?? The Occidental development??? I have lived here my entire life. 53 great years. I have seen 4 boom and busts. Weathered the economic storms and grew strong from them. Natural gas production is the "swing" we are on now.

Sam
Old 05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
Your list is dead wrong!
Fine, tell www.infoplease.com about it. Must be a Liberal website huh.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:23 PM
Banned

Excerpt from USnews and World Communist Mag

What magazine is that, never heard of it.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Jay Cat keep believing that Propaganda spewed by the Bad America bunch.
You know something Slappy, when somebody puts out numbers and figures about oil reserves, they are probably going off the information of oil geologists and such. This does not make them the BAD AMERICA BUNCH you Fascist idiot.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

USGS,is a gov't bureaucracy ,I would trust the Oil companies who know a lot more about what is down there.
Within reason they also use USGS, and they actually communicate with each other. Not everywhere is it a ping pong match

In addition, the link you liked so much, refers to what the USGS "Is Going To Show", so apparently, they can't be all that dumb. It was the crux of a massive email campaign, and even some speculative (scamming) web sites posted the same thing.

Maybe one day the reserves will be proven. But so far, it's all
Old 05-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
You didn't "rain on his parade". Nothing you posted refuted anything those graphs showed.
What that graphic does accurately reflect is everything that comes from one barrel of oil. 19 gallons may be the portion of gas that is refined but other products are made from the other portion. A refinery does not just make gas out the oil, it makes all of these other products out of that same barrel. Nothing is wasted. Even the coke, which is a waste product can be burned as a fuel in power plants.

And as faw as shallow water drilling, with newer technology that is available today some older leases that once were thought to be tapped out are being put back into service. Macmoran (sp?) just hit a large area about a month ago in ~100 ft of water south of Lafayette.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

How about just doing like Norway and Brazil does? I guess we are too greedy for our own good....

This is how: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...417936798.html
Old 05-06-2010, 06:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
You know something Slappy, when somebody puts out numbers and figures about oil reserves, they are probably going off the information of oil geologists and such. This does not make them the BAD AMERICA BUNCH you Fascist idiot.
Dude the real numbers come from the Oil industry not this so called government .
Old 05-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kims
How about just doing like Norway and Brazil does? I guess we are too greedy for our own good....

This is how: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...417936798.html

HUH ??they should Obama has given Brazil billions for Oil exploration.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by VtSteve
Within reason they also use USGS, and they actually communicate with each other. Not everywhere is it a ping pong match

In addition, the link you liked so much, refers to what the USGS "Is Going To Show", so apparently, they can't be all that dumb. It was the crux of a massive email campaign, and even some speculative (scamming) web sites posted the same thing.

Maybe one day the reserves will be proven. But so far, it's all
It is not that I like it, but one of the guys who worked that Oil deposit for the USGS report is long dead,Now as for the recoverable Oil time will tell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.