Performance Deckboats--which one? >

Performance Deckboats--which one?

Notices

Performance Deckboats--which one?

Old 07-29-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Eliminators are built with a heavy layup so that boat may not break 60 with the 375hp motor. Their gelcoat is second to none on the West Coast. Price is right too.
The ad does say 375hp, but the ad and engine also say 496MAG HO. This boat may have 425hp.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

My .02 Conquest makes a fantastic deckboat. I would look at them seriously. Advantage was the first to make the deckboat. I have only been on a few of the deckboats but I have owned another model advantage and my father has own three. Thier product and customer service is fantastic. I used to have a 22' Advantage with a big cube blower motor in it that I was trying to get a few more MPH out of. I stopped by the shop in Havasu and a couple of the main guys stopped what they were doing and came out and BS'd with me for 1/2 an hour about some ideas that I had. Great people.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Registered

The boat in question does have the 496HO 425hp motor and runs mid 60's according to the previous owner.

I actually toured the Advantage factory a few years ago and as mentioned, a great group of people passionate about their work.

I'm still curious about the way they ride--I assume the 27 Eliminator is the same bottom as the 27 Daytona right? My 30ish years of boating I've only ever been in a v-bottom.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered

I've never been on a deck boat, but have been curious how they run in less than flat conditions. Anyone ever run one in some descent chop, etc ?
Old 07-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than the xflights- they are almost all cats.

So in moderate chop they ride better than v's IMO.

Uncle Dave
Old 07-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32storm
I've never been on a deck boat, but have been curious how they run in less than flat conditions. Anyone ever run one in some descent chop, etc ?
RODE IN ADVANTAGE 34 PARTY CAT AT LOTO 4' CHOP NICE
TWIN 800'S
Old 07-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Registered

That Advantage 34' is very nice. Anyone know what they go for new?

BTW, Advantage needs to update their website a little bit. JMHO
Old 07-30-2010, 09:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 32storm
Good Question:

What is decent chop?

If your talking about 1-2 footers yes it does real well if your talking about 3-4 footers not really well.

The twin engine models do better in the rougher stuff as they are larger boats or have more aggressive sponsons and deadrise i.e...E-Ticket.

Overall, you can drive it through some nasty stuff but it will not be fun. The Howard has a sliding front door and you can close it shut to prevent water intrusion in rougher water. When you have a load of people on your boat your not gonna be hitting the water in rough stuff it simply isn't a prudent idea. You can get back no problem if that is what your worried about....easily.

A common question but remember a deckboat is not an offshore boat.

KAP
Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Caincando1
Best of luck with the seach Dave. I see Specialty Boats over here in MN has a couple Advantage's listed on their site.

http://www.specialtyboats.com/usedboats.htm
I have a freind with one of these so I"ve ridden in his and it's just a great combo of deck/sporty performance boat and the thing just rides awesome for a 29' boat. Those tunnels trap the air in there and helps the boat come down soft like a cat. I called the dealer just to see what he would take and he was really in a mood to blow out his leftover inventory. I called on a whim but wound up buying the red one for our place in Florida.

Thanks for the heads up on that dealer.
Attached Thumbnails Performance Deckboats--which one?-07-adv-29-xf-full-04c.jpg   Performance Deckboats--which one?-07-adv-29-xf-full-02a.jpg   Performance Deckboats--which one?-07-adv-29-xf-thumb-01a.gif  

Old 08-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've had both a Ultra and now a DCB and i'd recommend them both.

Alot depends on if you want singles or twins. Your also up north so maybe outboards? That's what we just moved to and are happy!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.