Like Tree0Likes

Performance Deckboats--which one?

Old 07-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boatless and Looking :)
Default Performance Deckboats--which one?

Looking for a 27+ deckboat. Saw a used Eliminator 27 and thought it would fit our current needs quite well. Who is still in business and which boats should I look at? All around performance is important--tubing, skiing, wakeboarding are all important. Other things like a bimini, spot for a port-a-potti, and LOOKS are also high on the list. I know that Nordic makes one, Ultra (out of business right?)...what else should I look for?

Price points between 50 and 100 (how's that for generic?)

Thank you for the feedback.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Registered

My Boats: 28 Powerplay - HP500

Between 50 and 100 new?

Personally for deckboats I'd be looking at DCB, Eliminator, Howard, Nordic, Ultra and Barracuda. Under 100K would definitely limit what you could get new (there might be a Howard for about that I'd definitely look into!)

Look at performanceboats.com and riverdavesplace.com for more info on these types of rides.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (1)

My Boats: 38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight

Check out the Advantage Xflight 27 and 29. Have a friend with the walk-through 29 and he just loves it. Great looking boat too.

They make both the mid-cabin and walk-through.

http://www.splashvision.com/video/16...Boat-Test.html
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

I have this one for sale, with twin outboards its great for tubeing, sking, runs 57mph. It has cabin with porti poti under the raised helm. And you could save some money.
http://richmond.craigslist.org/boa/1863652137.html

Last edited by rush; 07-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:23 PM
Registered

My Boats: Boatless and Looking :)

Thank you for the feedback so far. The Advantage xFlight is a very odd concept and looks kinda odd (in my opinion) on the water.

Was VERY interested in this one based on price point but have never rode in one. Not really sure what to expect?

http://www.stellarautoplex.com/web/1...ravo%20One%20X

Deal is pending--anyone from here?

Rush--your boat is sweet, just not quite what I'm after.

Anyone know if Ultra is still in business?

Last edited by Dave1972; 07-28-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered

If you could find an E-ticket in your price range, that's what I would go with.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

My Boats: Formula 303 SR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32Envision View Post
If you could find an E-ticket in your price range, that's what I would go with.
E-Tickets are pushing $400-large new, and they haven't been around all that long. Finding one for $50-$100K may be a bit of a challange.

They are the top of the food chain though as far as performance decks are concerned.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1989 Cigarette Bullet

Advantage makes a boat they call a "party cat" that I've had my eye on for a long time. If I had a 50-100k budget to work with I'd be all over one without thinking twice.

http://www.advantageboats.com/28pc.htm
Old 07-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Registered

My Boats: 35' Cabo Express, 22' Whaler Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1972 View Post
Looking for a 27+ deckboat. Saw a used Eliminator 27 and thought it would fit our current needs quite well. Who is still in business and which boats should I look at? All around performance is important--tubing, skiing, wakeboarding are all important. Other things like a bimini, spot for a port-a-potti, and LOOKS are also high on the list. I know that Nordic makes one, Ultra (out of business right?)...what else should I look for?

Price points between 50 and 100 (how's that for generic?)

Thank you for the feedback.
Given your price range, I would look at used Eliminator, DCB, Nordic and Magic. Minimum engine 525EFI for sure. For fit and finish, Eliminator and DCB are at the top of the list. Magic on the lower end. From a styling standpoint, they all look good. The X-Flights are a love it or hate it situation.....

I have a 2004 Magic 28' Deck with a 525EFI that I find to be perfect for the $$. Plenty of room and fast enough to get the wife angry. All of the larger (28' and above) are somewhat tough to pull skiers and tubers on as the speed to plane is a little too high for kids under 12 yrs old IMO.

Plenty of Mayheim auctions going on that has a ton of deckboats available. If you need one turnkey, $69k and you can have mine or chase one down in the auction and put a little $$ into it and you should be in for about the low end of your price range all done.

Shad
Old 07-28-2010, 11:26 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

My Boats: Doug Wright X-Cat, Howard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1972 View Post
Thank you for the feedback so far. The Advantage xFlight is a very odd concept and looks kinda odd (in my opinion) on the water.

Was VERY interested in this one based on price point but have never rode in one. Not really sure what to expect?

http://www.stellarautoplex.com/web/1...ravo%20One%20X

Deal is pending--anyone from here?

Rush--your boat is sweet, just not quite what I'm after.

Anyone know if Ultra is still in business?
Comment:

Ultra is still in business!

You did not say if you were looking for single engine or dual engine.

If single than rule out E-Ticket, and DCB as they are twin engine configurations---although I think Dave did produce one 30Sportdeck in a single.

The Eliminator you are looking at is a decent boat your price range is not that bad. There are some real nice Deckboat deals to be had if you know were to look.

As for single engine Deckboats I own a Howard Sportdeck and there was one for sale which was the deal of the year at $109K...a turn key boat with a HP525/XR drive.

It sold to JB sight unseen there are not many Howards for sale period the reason is owners love them! The Howard Sportdeck does everything well handling, speed, ease of use, tables, coolers, bimini, etc...

OSO is not the place to solicit information on performance deckboats for that you need to visit ---www.performanceboats.com.

Visit the spam section and you will find quite a few performance deckboats. Including the one I mentioned above you will love that boat. You can also post a thread and solicit opinions much like you are doing here you will get a ton of information.

I have a bias as I own a Howard Sportdeck. IMO it is the finest single engine deckboat I have ever driven. 2008,2009 LOTO Class winner, 2008 & 2010 Desert Storm Shootout winner.

It is a ton of fun when you roll on expensive boats with a deckboat and they can't keep up it is all smiley faces.

KAP