Notices

30'-32' Cats... educate me please!

Old 08-25-2010, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aqua mania

bought a boat from aqua mania and the entire experience was horrible
Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
One of the reasons I posted this is because it seems that Spectre/Motion's seem to be priced lower than Skater/Eliminator's.

Here are the kinda boats I'm looking at:

2001 30' Motion 30 Catamaran at Aqua Mania
$99,900 just marked down to $89,900
Twin Mercruiser 500 EFI's w/ Pro Comp Heads, Cam and Dry Headers, 625 HP each, Naturally Aspirated, XR Drives, Quarter Canopies, Race Hatches, Custom Paint, Custom Trailer, Full Cover, New Interior Gauges and Rigging in 2008. This boat has less than 10 hours since repower and re-rigging in 2008. 110 MPH on GPS!!!!!

30 Spectre twin 500

32 Skater
Old 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

buyer beware aqua mania sold me a boat recently and did not do what they said or did not fullfill contract!!!!
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berns29scarab
skaters are an epoxy boat and are much more rigid and in my opinion do not ride nearly as nice as the others BUT with comprable power are faster. Skaters are not gelcoated either so there exterior fit n finish isnt as pretty without paint or vinyl. that price range is most likely going to be 30 motion or spectre w outboard money. when i had mine a few years ago i was insured thru Allstate for under $1000 per year but im sure i lucked out at that time.
bern, just wanted ot correct a few of your "facts".

skaters are epoxy, but use vinly ester based gelcoat with a binder coat then they layup the epoxy resin and glass.

actual epoxy is slightly more flexible that poly and vinly ester resin built boats. almost every one that you guys named uses least expansive polyester resin other than skater with epoxy. epoxy is also stronger therefor you can use less. the custom flatdecks are not gelcoated but the conventional style decks are.

epoxy boats normally ride better since the boat has some "give" to them. they actaully have some flex to them vs a poly boat which can not have flex since the type of resin will start to fatigue and normally will show stress cracks.