Cosker On Mystic Delamination >

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Notices

Cosker On Mystic Delamination

Old 08-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by audacity
we met "summerfliesby" this year in MI city. they never met us prior to! they went out of their way to help as we did to see they got a look at the inside of racing, be; be it good or bad.

in fact he's another new customer for JBS Racing for engine/drives and bottom rebuild work this winter...now we just have to talk him into taking it to the keys for testing! you and your wife were great hanging out with! do you have that pic i took of u2 in the boat?

thanks
Thank YOU Joe. Cockpit pic is my current desktop. Hey...if you ever wanna get back on skinny tires and are in my 'hood, lemme know...I ride 5 days a week. Might see you guys at the Shootout.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am bringing my mt bike and pos my road bike to grand haven! i'll bring my mt bike out west for sure.

shootout is cool! u gonna bring the boat? we may need a tow/tie up boat just to chill and idle prior to runs?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

What I appreciate and value about the online performance boating community is the real time value of it. News and comment don't have to wait three months, the typical publishing cycle of a magazine, to be seen and heard.

The flip side? Too much reaction, both from those involved who should take a breath and those who just need to pipe up and have no breath left.

I love this online medium, and have been working in it for 11 years.
For those of you who missed it, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...ers-%E2%80%9D/.

This does not end the discussion. But I hope it does at least give pause to those who have taken an uncivil turn.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:07 AM
JBS
Registered

Default Thanks

Thanks Matt.I would like to say that my intentions have never been hostile.all I've wanted is a working boat.I've had to deal with a lot of issues and a lot of blame over the last few years and it has been frustrating as hell.we are on the right track now and it is incredibly relieving for myself and the rest of the team.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

This would have made for a calmer thread?

"“They had kind of a small fracture in the bottom at Lake St. Clair (Mich.),” said Hledin. “It was not a big deal—it was a two-day repair. We spent more time fixing the trailer than the boat. But for John (Cosker, the owner of Mystic Performance Boats) to fix it up here would have been next to impossible. The boat is back here now on an unrelated issue. A propeller went through the bottom. Not related and, again, not a big deal.

“It’s not that John’s boats are ‘falling apart,’” Hledin added. “Not at all. It’s just the nature of boat racing. Race boats break.”
Old 08-13-2010, 09:16 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by JBS
Thanks Matt.I would like to say that my intentions have never been hostile.all I've wanted is a working boat.I've had to deal with a lot of issues and a lot of blame over the last few years and it has been frustrating as hell.we are on the right track now and it is incredibly relieving for myself and the rest of the team.
Jeff, I have seen a guy with a Bayliner throw an absolute crab fit on a launch ramp when it wouldn't start. I can't even imagine the aggravation, frustration and flat-out anger when an investment like yours has trouble. I completely understand, as much as someone who doesn't even own a boat like yours and never will, your emotions.

You vented. You thought about it. You publicly apologized. A very stand-up move, at least in my book. See you at LOTO (Mr. Duggan told me you're "officially" coming.) This year's event is shaping up to be huge.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

I like this
A propeller went through the bottom. Not related and, again, not a big deal.
I don't know, if I had a prop sticking in the bottom of my boat, it would kind of be a big deal to me

Comes across as very calm and cool.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

the prop in the bottom was a huge deal!....we got it back!!! lol we thought the bottom blew off and we were sinking again!

the fact the shaft failed is not on us! and there is big problem there!

peter is one calm dude!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.