24 Superboat vs. 24 Banana >

24 Superboat vs. 24 Banana

Notices

24 Superboat vs. 24 Banana

Old 09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Has anyone rode in both in flat and in chop?
-Mike
mike I have a lot of hours in ole's 24 superboat and my 24, he would always back off when it was getting rough. he even said my boat rode better than his with the 8' beam high freeboard like the banana has. he would go with me to the islands but not his. if you found a i/o banana that would be cool. ob's I guess would be good if you broke down but I love i/o's Biggus loved his banana talk to him. art
Old 09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't have much seat time in a 7' beam boat, but my 8' beam is outstanding in rough water. It is mind blowing how much 'bigger' the 24 x 8 boats feel. When you park my 24 cig next to a pantera or superboat the size is noticeable. The 24 x 7 boats are great, and I feel like they do go faster with equal power. I think I would buy the nicest boat that fits my budget vs getting hung up on the 8' vs 7'.

Why don't you keep it all in the family and get a little cig to go with it's big brother?
Old 09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 194 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger
Has anyone rode in both in flat and in chop?
-Mike
I cant speak for a Superboat, but speaking for a 24 x 7, my Pantera was a very fun boat in chop and BIG chop. The faster you ran it, the better it rode. The guy that bought it from me, Kirk J, now Elite Marine, I believe that is what sold him on the boat. He came out from Chicago area and I took him and his friend out in some pretty $hitty water and he couldnt believe the ride.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I've owned both boats. My Superboat had a Gale Banks twin turbo 482"/TRS package. My Banana had twin blown 355" small blocks w/TRS drives.

They were very different rides. The Superboat has a 7' beam, Banana 8'. The Banana handled better and flew level, the Superboat was a handful at speeds over 70. I split the hull/deck joint apart on the Banana. The Superboat was rock solid.

Kurt
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Can swing a 24 cig rite now seeing as the cafe is the Hoover of money. Unless you want to sell it to me what im looking to sped haha. Biggus thanks for the input.
-Mike