Notices

What to do?

Old 08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mastercraft240
I live in a 5mph zone and people speed by all the time. You cant act like the police everytime you see people speeding. I would have gotten his reg numbers and reported it to bay constable. I have only once gotten pissed at someone speeding by. It was a guy on a 50 footer speeding through the 5mph, 50 yards from my house throwing a HUGE wake. My boat was tide up.... ended up throwing such a big wake one of the ropes put a huge stress crack near the cleat. I hopped on my boat, untied it and speed up to the guy and said "excuse me, hi. I live down there. Im not sure if you noticed but this is a 5mph zone. Your wake is destroying not only our bulkheads but also our tied up boats. Please slow down next time your passing through!" He apologized and went about his ways. You have to pick you battles wisley. It also was not wise to threaten the guy with police in your second line.
I think I made a poor decision. What you said i agree with. If I see him tomorrow, i'll bring binoculars and take down the reg numbers.

problem is, he knows what I look like and the boat I drive, he skiis in the area all the time when the sun goes down and i hope he doesnt notice me next time.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MiniHawk
I think I made a poor decision. What you said i agree with. If I see him tomorrow, i'll bring binoculars and take down the reg numbers.

problem is, he knows what I look like and the boat I drive, he skiis in the area all the time when the sun goes down and i hope he doesnt notice me next time.
Look man. Your young.... your 17. That man is over 30 years old. He has bigger problems. I promise you hes not thinking about that kid that waved him down and threatened him with water patrol. I bet he has debt up his *******, bank foreclosing on his house, duck tape holding his engine together, and small dick to boot. Getting revenge on you is on the bottom of his to do list.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look man. Your young.... your 17. That man is over 30 years old. He has bigger problems. I promise you hes not thinking about that kid that waved him down and threatened him with water patrol. I bet he has debt up his *******, bank foreclosing on his house, duck tape holding his engine together, and small dick to boot. Getting revenge on you is on the bottom of his to do list.
Yup If I had a dollar for everyone who said he was going to kick my ass I would be in a 36 Pantera with 700s and 6s right now.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Banned

Now that I think of it, that seems true

I guess i can get a new set of keys and forget about it
Old 08-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now that I think of it, that seems true

I guess i can get a new set of keys and forget about it
Yep, relax...get some sleep and move on.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Expensive Date
Yup If I had a dollar for everyone who said he was going to kick my ass I would be in a 36 Pantera with 700s and 6s right now.
Maybe a 41!
Old 08-31-2010, 10:41 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Yep I missed it. I'm not picking up what you're laying down I guess.
What, they don't make an app for that?

We have people drive past out place going way to fast all the time. It sucks but what you gona do. One of my neighbors was hucking huge rocks the other day it was so out of control. Last year a guy drove up on one of my neighbors docks! He just backed off and then kept driving down the river. We were like did that just happen?! Lucky for neighbor he was out on his boat at the time. People are tards out on the water.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

you need to pick your battles. if it is that huge then it is time to stand and man up.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't worry, he knows what you look like, but he DOES NOT know that you don't remember what he looks like. I know how frustrating it is when you know you are right, yet the jerk thinks he is. Chances are he was pissed but when he calms down will notice the 5 MPH signs so you might not see him sking that area again. Also if he was pulling a salom skier chance are he was going in the mid 30's. Not that he is right but when a skiier is down the first priority is to pick them up, that is probably why he was so hot when you approached, however he is still wrong. Chitty drivers are everywhere, just yesterday we ran into two, we were to the right side of a cruiser that was cutting across our path, even though we had the right away they held their speed causing us to alter ours. Then later we were ideling out of the marina and only 30 sec from the entrance (which was not that wide) when a boat approaches from the wide open calm lake) he will not wait and pushes in ahead of us. everyone know how stupid they are
Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Registered

Default Hey Little Buddy....

Bro, I read your post and read some of the reply's.
First, One of the guys is right. You don't want to be a rat but you also need to stand up for what you believe in. If you are willing to do that then be ready for what comes next. You are young and this was a good experience. It scared you. You can't threaten to call the cops on someone and then expect no trouble. That does not scare many people these days especially on the water. As for him coming back to get you, I doubt it. I for one do not stand by but I also don't threaten. I am a pretty big guy and was a bouncer for years. Do not threaten. Just point out it's a no wake zone and you don't think it's safe for his skier or others and when he mouths back to you or swears at you then write down the boat make and size and reg number and turn it in if you feel that strongly about it but don't go tell him your doing it. This lesson goes for the street or anywhere else. If you were in a car and said all that, they probably would have gotten out of the car and got you. Last but not least, get your butt in the gym and put some muscle on so when you need to you can back up your mouth when you need to. The one response is right, most people just try to intimidate you. But the bad ones will do worse. Get some nitrous for that little outboard so you can escape...LOL Be safe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.