Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Could you build a 100% non-merc boat? >

Could you build a 100% non-merc boat?

Notices

Could you build a 100% non-merc boat?

Old 09-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Merc 5 blade number 6 props are the only merc part I have.

Actually a lot of Skaters and Mystics are non merc. Dave Scott is non Merc., Dale Razner 30 Skater with Sterling 572's and Arneson is also non Merc, Jeff's 32 Skater like mine has 1100s and is silly fast non merc Arneson, Al Burns Out of Control twin Turbo 40 Skater is non merc Arneson, The Sorcerer is non merc, the list goes on and on. All the Turbine boats are completely non merc. Why would anybody go Merc in a big cat is beyond me. Turbines seem to be less money then Merc's new packages. Arnesons and BPM in a cat are a great way to go.

The non merc boat that is really impressive is the Outerlimits 51 with Arnesons, Diesels that ran 112 mph at the shoot out. Thats cool!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve 1
If there was a issue Ilmor has done a dam good job responding.
I know you're old school so it's good to see you come out for a non-Merc brand. What's next, Evinrude??
Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pro1
Merc 5 blade number 6 props are the only merc part I have.

Actually a lot of Skaters and Mystics are non merc. Dave Scott is non Merc., Dale Razner 30 Skater with Sterling 572's and Arneson is also non Merc, Jeff's 32 Skater like mine has 1100s and is silly fast non merc Arneson, Al Burns Out of Control twin Turbo 40 Skater is non merc Arneson, The Sorcerer is non merc, the list goes on and on. All the Turbine boats are completely non merc. Why would anybody go Merc in a big cat is beyond me. Turbines seem to be less money then Merc's new packages. Arnesons and BPM in a cat are a great way to go.

The non merc boat that is really impressive is the Outerlimits 51 with Arnesons, Diesels that ran 112 mph at the shoot out. Thats cool!
Nice! Do you know of a pic of the OL? I wonder if Jay or Jeff got a shot of it...
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Oh Rik? We need some pics? I tell ya Riks good at building drives. Not so good with photo albums LOL.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
I know you're old school so it's good to see you come out for a non-Merc brand. What's next, Evinrude??
Aw come on now I doubt many Merc OB owners know about the Yamaha powerheads in their eggbeaters. BTW, the tests on the new Yamaha 250 4 stroke are pretty darn good. Saw the test on the new Allison XB21 that should pry some people from the Merc brand in that world.

This is not Karl's company we're talking about anymore.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
IMCO did it a few years back.
That was a Marine Tech 39RP if I remember correctly. Powerboat had an article on it.