Offshore race teams longevity?

Notices

Offshore race teams longevity?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
That all depends on who you run with.

NJPPC Atlantic City Poker Run there is always a Chopper with a Diver as well as Medics on the boats.

This year we were fortunate enough to have Spectre Powerboats sponsor the Chopper for the Roar at the Shore once again, having a Diver. If no chopper is present, we still have plenty of great coverage on the water...
Ok Tim you got me on that one but for the most part what I said was true,and a helicopter taking pictures is not a safety Heli.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:53 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
Ok Tim you got me on that one but for the most part what I said was true,and a helicopter taking pictures is not a safety Heli.
As long as there is a Diver or two in the Chopper, it is a Safety helicopter. When I fly, Safety is priority over any photography... Not to mention, should something occur, I am there to document through my images the response to an incident.

Our recent Poker Run a Commercial Boat was anchored off Seaside Park. He had 4 anchors out on each corner but with no markings on their lines to the bouys where the anchors were dropped. (Approx 200 feet out from the boat in each direction.) There were a few boats that were damaged by hitting the lines. Drives completely ripped off the boat.
We responded to make sure everyone was ok and then the Aerial Photographs were sent to the boat owner which in turn were made available to their Insurance Company.
Anyone we saw stopped we flew over to make sure they didn't need our assistance.

Other Poker Runs may do things differently but that is how the NJPPC does it.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-05-2010, 02:12 PM
wot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

... The Aqua Mania team... Rick and Greg are two great guys with a great team and we hope to see them come back soon.
Met up w/these guys in NYC turn 2 last year; entire team is a professional class act, best regards.