Offshore race teams longevity? >

Offshore race teams longevity?

Notices

Offshore race teams longevity?

Old 09-02-2010, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Offshore race teams longevity?

I have noticed a trend in offshore for many years and I have to laugh! This past weekend I was up in the Thousand Islands (Upstate NY) and was driving into Alex Bay and was driving by a shop on rt12 and saw the Aqua mania turbine boat sitting in there and thought wow the racing season is almost over and the boat (which has been one of the best) hasnt touched the water this year. Then I thought about all the teams of the past that only lasted a few years and were on top of their game then next thing never to be heard of again! look at the old Drambuie team And guys like Matt Alcone and Jerry Gilbreth . Then The Budwieser/Bacardi/ Bud Light/ Nauti Marine team of Dave Scott and John Tomlinson. There are very few teams that last very long in this sport it seems if you spend the cash you have 5 maybe 6-7 years then for one reason or another you're out. Maybe you run a few poker runs or one race a year but its not like nascar where teams last for decades. Yes I understand Sponsorship and funding and all that but maybe this is one reason that offshore doesnt have a huge following because as soon as you find a team to route for they're out of the sport! ...........Just one guys opinion!
Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More people watch one Nascar race than watch all the offshore races put together.. Guess where sponsors and their money is gonna go.. Nascar is a money making business, offshore racing is a money pit sideline sport for people/boat manufacturers with deep pockets.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All depends on the finance, and/or stupidity levels how long they last.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

all im saying no "big team" will ever do it or make it for very long!! I think Aqua- Mania "lost " their balls after their little flip in key west last year. I m probably wrong but what im saying is why cant these guys keep it going for a long term instead of a few years and out?? is it just a "cock" fest thing ??? " let me show my friends see how big it is then ill get out??
Old 09-02-2010, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

What has killed the sport over and over again and will never stop is as follows,Very high cost to own and maintain,to many sanctioning bodies,EGO and the wrong mind set from to many classes and if I do not get my own way I will just leave and start my own organization and when that fails go somewhere else.The racing classes that last the longest are the the grass roots racers it seems because they are really there for the competition not to say they have the biggest fastest boat and race only themselves and wave a checkered flag like they just won the Daytona 500.The sport is what it is and it is not really ever going to change just look at the trend and it speaks for itself.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:17 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
all im saying no "big team" will ever do it or make it for very long!! I think Aqua- Mania "lost " their balls after their little flip in key west last year. I m probably wrong but what im saying is why cant these guys keep it going for a long term instead of a few years and out?? is it just a "cock" fest thing ??? " let me show my friends see how big it is then ill get out??
I was not going to say anything but oh well. The Auqa Mania team has had some health issues this year. That is the reason that you see the boat sit. Rick and Greg are two great guys with a great team and we hope to see them come back soon.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1HYPER1
What has killed the sport over and over again and will never stop is as follows,Very high cost to own and maintain,to many sanctioning bodies,EGO and the wrong mind set from to many classes and if I do not get my own way I will just leave and start my own organization and when that fails go somewhere else.The racing classes that last the longest are the the grass roots racers it seems because they are really there for the competition not to say they have the biggest fastest boat and race only themselves and wave a checkered flag like they just won the Daytona 500.The sport is what it is and it is not really ever going to change just look at the trend and it speaks for itself.
Exactly!
Steve
Old 09-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smiklos@sunprint
Exactly!
Steve
x2
Old 09-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I forgot to add that it was the best we will probably ever see when Mike A was at the helm,big boat counts,sponsors,and alot of competition for all classes.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:58 AM
Banned

[QUOTE=Karaokemike;3198805 The Auqa Mania team has had some health issues this year. That is the reason that you see the boat sit. Rick and Greg are two great guys with a great team and we hope to see them come back soon.[/QUOTE]

+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.