Concept To Offer Diesel Power for 44-footer >

Concept To Offer Diesel Power for 44-footer

Notices

Concept To Offer Diesel Power for 44-footer

Old 09-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
They could offer nuclear power and I still wouldn't buy one after what they did to that guy with the wrecked one......
Originally Posted by FeverMike
I owned a 2003 36 Concept delivered on September 5th 2003. I kept the boat until I sold it in late august 2005. I was so excited about my Concept that I was the one who got Concept this forum on OSO. After 6 months of ownership I realized I made a big mistake with buying this boat.

With my 2003 36 Concept:
1- it was delivered with water in the gas tank

2- with in 6 months the powder coating on the arch started to bubble

3- with in 6months the powered coating on the bow rail started to bubble

4- with in weeks after delievery the battery charger came off...it was screwed down with just 1 screw!

5- port side k-plane pump was screwed into transom with regular fine thread screws (nut and bolt type and not wood type stainless screws) and it fell off.

6- at 9 months parts of the painted graphic started to chip off in small perfect round spots around the size of a dime and a quarter.

7- right before I sold the boat it developed a bad creaking sound down in the hull near the bow. Marine surveyor said bulk head and stringer joint is coming loose.

8- boat drains water to the bildge so that when it rains the bildge pumps run and the battery drains. A CC boat like this has to have a self draining deck...period!

8- bolsters were not solidly bolting correctly into the floor. It seemed like a few of the screws went into a stringer and the other just lossly into the thin floor.
^^ from the concept thread.
I'd rather bang Brittney spears in her worst days when she was bald before I step in a concept.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/c...-customer.html
Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
BTW..Susan says hi
hahahaha. I can't wait to meet her. Can you see the look on her face when I introduce myself at a boat show? LOL
Old 09-15-2010, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I'll say one thing, that boat looks sharp in both variations I've seen.
Really?

http://www.boatingmag.com/boats/spor...00-sport-yacht
Attached Thumbnails Concept To Offer Diesel Power for 44-footer-concept44003.jpg   Concept To Offer Diesel Power for 44-footer-inki-mynah.jpg  

Last edited by damdonzi; 09-17-2010 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:53 PM
Registered

Sutphen makes a nice 27 ft diesel yanmar CC in fact theres a 2011 in Ct ready for delivery. If anyones interested PM me and I can get you a great deal from Richie.

Its always nice to see another MFG embracing turbos and especially diesels. we have all seen what turbo diesels can do in trucks and cruiser boats. Its only natural that they made the trasition to boats for performance!

man that concept thread with that poor guy boat falling off the trailer killed my impression of concept.

They should have taken better care of him thats for sure.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:15 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

go search for my thead about an $85K Concept and see how you feel about their opinion of OSO members
Old 09-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Does the buying of a Concept come with the business card of a good chiropractor? You're gonna need one!!! I went for a ride in a 36 on Blackwater Sound in February and I was happy to get on the 35 Renegade. 2 Thumbs WAY WAY DOWN!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

Last edited by showtime83; 09-16-2010 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Winter must not be here yet, figured this through would be 8 pages by now.

I had a few bumps during my build, looking back maybe mainly because I get a little worked up at times, but since then I've had great support from Concept.

I'm on my 2nd Concept and bet if Mercury comes out with a 400XS's I'd be moving up to a 36' open w/trips on it sooner than later.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Does the buying of a Concept come with the business card of a good chiropractor? You're gonna need one!!! I went for a ride in a 36 on Blackwater Sound in February and I was happy to get on the 35 Renegade. 2 Thumbs WAY WAY DOWN!
Be fair now...the Renegade weights 2200 lbs more. The Concept 36 has 24 degree deadrise, if it weighed the same the ride probably would have been similar.

Last edited by Indy; 09-16-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Indy
Be fair now...the Renegade weights 2200 lbs more. The Concept 36 has 24 degree deadrise, if it weighed the same the ride probably would have been similar.
Ok, I'll be fair. I then got off the 35 Renegade and onto the 32 Renegade. The 32 Renegade rides better than the 36 Concept. And how much is the savings in the money department?

The day before, I was riding on the black 36 Deep Impact with quad 350 Verado's at 86 mph, walking away from the Cigarette Top Fish on the Miami Boat Show Poker Run. That boat is light years ahead of the Concept and most others of comparison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.