Like Tree0Likes

i need fuel injection help 32 skater, blown big blocks

Old 09-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (2)

My Boats: Excalibur 27 Flat Deck Restomod

If they are way off, save yourself some headaches and get them out. Decide what you want to do, and get them on a dyno. It is going to be a PITA to tune them if they don't have O2 sensors in the headers etc. You will wind up running the crap out of the boat while trying to tune. You can't tune them at the same time and you can't load one WOT without the other...
Old 09-17-2010, 08:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARKER RABE View Post
does anybody know anyone that can help me in florida , i have a 32 skater ,with blown big blocks , the fuel injection is a total mess in the thing , it has throttle body fuel injection , i was told it was made by holly , with the accel fuel managment little computer boxes, , i bought the program from accel and all the cords spent 500 bucks on it , had a guy that was a real good programer with late model fords, and he played with it for 2 days , finally gave up and suggested putting carbs on it , ....... im at the end of the road with this fuel injection , i was told it is a very good system if it is its set up right , but i dont have the time or the money to pay someone to program it or try and tune it , i wanna put carbs on it but dont have the spare cash , every thing is in great condition, just know nothing about fuel injection with big blocks..... is anyone intrested in buying it ???, ill sell the whole system , with all the cords ,program 4 throttle bodies, harness, brains ...complete fuel injection system for blown big blocks for $3800
also have the optional oxygen sensor with sniffer tube for tuning.
any intrest plese call parker rabe 727 686 0900
I'm confused, you bought a "running boat" that doesnt run?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:30 PM
Registered

Parker,
I would be glad to get them running for you. About 98% of the engines I build are efi. I am very familiar with tuning an efi engine. It won't cost a fortune if everything is there, which it sounds like. Quite the opposite, it actually shouldn't cost that much to just tune it. You just need someone that understands efi and how to tune it. Give me a call anytime and we can discuss your options and what it would approx. cost to get it straightened out. You can reach me anytime at 615-216-7449 shop or 504-416-3607 cell.
Eddie
Old 09-18-2010, 12:06 AM
Registered

Parker
Take SMiklos' advice and mine. Take it to Innovation Marine in Sarasota and have it done. Talk to Dennis. He is fair and reasonable. They know Holley injection inside and out. They used it on a lot of their engines. Its not that far of a drive for you and they are reasonable on their prices. The government doesn't contract them on their engines for nothing. They know their sh!t!

Big Andy
Old 09-18-2010, 12:08 AM
Registered

Also bring some "beverages". They really appreciate someone who is thinking of them and it shows when you need something later.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 43SC ...............Black Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxHawk View Post
Didn't the boat have new power when it was sold?
Ateco I believe. Hey TxHawk, didnt we just install some of that and, what, i cant remember what happened again!

Oh yea, bakc to the Skater, fought all the same issues myself. Holley throttle bodies except it was EFI technologies boxes. Make suer you are running a fat tune. THis can be adjusted on the bakc of the throttle bodies. TxHawk may rember what size alen hea was needed. Good luck
Old 09-18-2010, 01:49 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

I have no doubt this isn't your first rodeo or hotrod boat. So yeah I'm sure you can carb it for simplicity b/c I'm the same way "its what I know best" But if you haven't totally given up on the injection yet and at the risk of sounding like I'm jumping on a "vote your favorite tuner thread" I gotta say its at very least worth your time to to give Eddie a call no matter what you do.... Besides he's probably still at the shop anyways..
Old 09-18-2010, 01:22 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1992 32' Skater CATZ AZZ sold :( Formula 303

Dont have EFI but Inovation built my blower motors and they have ran great and been trouble free (so far). They are a great group of guys.
Im sure at this point who ever straightens it out for you is going to be a Hero! good luck
Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered
Trade Score: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleCry View Post
Parker
Take SMiklos' advice and mine. Take it to Innovation Marine in Sarasota and have it done. Talk to Dennis. He is fair and reasonable. They know Holley injection inside and out. They used it on a lot of their engines. Its not that far of a drive for you and they are reasonable on their prices. The government doesn't contract them on their engines for nothing. They know their sh!t!

Big Andy
I would have no problem recommending Eddie either! Innovation is close by and they are like Eddie, talented fair guys.
Steve
Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I would have no problem recommending Eddie either! Innovation is close by and they are like Eddie, talented fair guys.
Steve
Thank you Steve. I really appreciate the compliment.
By the way, I have heard nothing but good stuff about Innovation.
Eddie